Carbon Copy Cloner problem.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Chrisjim, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Chrisjim macrumors newbie

I forgot to partition my Ext HDD and ran CCC now I cannot find the backup. I have clicked on the drive and it shows that the space on the disk has been used but I don't know where the back up is. Can anyone help?

2. organicCPU macrumors 6502

organicCPU

Do you say, the drive was unformatted and there are now no visible files that show up in Finder?
    Or you do you have so many files and folders on the drive that you just can't locate your backup?

3. Chrisjim thread starter macrumors newbie

There was other backups on the disc. I just forgot about them.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2016 ---
    Disc had been formatted and used for backups,

4. organicCPU, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016

organicCPU macrumors 6502

organicCPU

Usually, if you open CCC for the next time, you'll find the same settings of the last backup. There you can see from where to where you did the backup.
    Other suggestions: If it is just a backup of files, remember a recently changed file that should be on the backup and search for it in Finder or Terminal. A comparison tool like dupeGuru could assist, too.
    If you mixed bootable system clones, did you archiving of changed files (_CCC Archive-folder)?
    Edit: What about Console -> CCC.log ?

5. Chrisjim thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks for your suggestions. I have checked recent changed files and worked forward and found the CCC backup.I must admit I would not have thought of this. Again many thanks for your very informative assistance.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    Many thanks for your suggestions. I have checked recent changed files and worked forward and found the CCC backup.I must admit I would not have thought of this. Again many thanks for your very informative assistance