Carbon Copy Cloner Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaybar, Oct 12, 2013.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502

jaybar

Hi

I am a new CCC user with questions.

1) Is there anything in the settings that will close the application after it finishes cloning?

This is easily done in SuperDuper, but I can't see where in CCC.

2) The scheduler in CCC, creates an "untitled" event. Can I give the event a name? if so, how can that be done?

Thanks

Jay

2. onekerato macrumors regular

(1) You could use an Applescript to quit CCC, set it up in the before & after tab for a scheduled task.

(2) Click again on the scheduled task name and it should become editable.

3. initialsBB macrumors 6502a

Under the settings tab of the scheduled task, you can uncheck "display a progress window" and "display a task finished window". I think that doesn't display anything when it runs (I'm not 100% sure though because I only very recently updated to the new pay version). You should probably set up the "errors only" email notification though.

4. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I've been using the paid version since the beginning. I have a few clones that occur between 3am - 5am when I am sleeping. I have it set up that I would never see anything unless there was an error.

The lack of error messages is my only indication that it runs.

/Jim

5. HenryAZ macrumors 6502

HenryAZ

If you're really curious, there should be a CCC.log in /Library/Logs, with detailed info on the scheduled jobs.

6. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Yes, you are correct. What I was trying to say is that I have it set up... it runs when I am sleeping... it does not bother me at all... and if there is an error, then I am alerted. In other words, it works perfectly for me.

/Jim