Carbon Copy Cloner v3.0 ist out!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Habakuk, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Habakuk macrumors 6502a

Jul 10, 2007
    Vienna Austria Europe
    Official website:

I have the previous version of the OS X cloning tool (making bootable copies of the operating system on external drives and vice versa) and it is very reliable. From the help file (colored):

Carbon Copy Cloner 3 was completely rebuilt with a new suite of features to meet the growing needs of Mac OS X users. In addition to the fast disk-to-disk cloning, CCC is now a full-featured backup utility as well.

Among the new features in CCC 3 are:

Support for block-level disk-to-disk clones.

Synchronization built-in, not bolted on.

Support for backing up across the network to another Macintosh.

Advanced scheduling capabilities -- choose what days to run your backups and how frequently they should run. You can also defer a backup if it starts at an inopportune time.

Now you can create a scheduled task that backs up your data whenever you attach a specific hard drive or iPod.

The ability to drill down into folders to select exactly what gets copied and what doesn't (you can drill down indefinitely).

A more responsive interface and the ability to stop the clone.

More accurate feedback during the clone.

The ability to pick up where a previously aborted backup task left off.

More information about your volumes are available within the CCC interface.

Attached Files:

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    Wow, this looks amazing! Is it a Universal Binary? If it is I'm definitely going to be recommending this thing again... SuperDuper! just got a run for its money, I think.;)

I'm a SuperDuper! user but I might just switch back to CCC now that it has exact disk-to-disk copy, a feature I've not seen in any Mac backup/cloning program before.