Carbon Copy Cloner vs. Super Duper

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AliensAreFuzzy, May 7, 2007.

1. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

May 30, 2004
    Madison, WI
    So, I've been hearing a lot of stuff about how Super Duper was better than Carbon Copy Cloner. But now I see that CCC has a new beta that many of the features of Super Duper and then some (Things like incremental backup and network backup).
    I use CCC more just because I'm used to it so I'm really just looking for opinions on the new version.
  2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

Mar 20, 2007
    I use the old version of CCC, i like it. Tried the Beta, crapped out without a decent dffort even.

Haven't tried SuperDuper, but hear lots about it. Just use what you like.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i like superduper! because of the Smart Updating backup. i'd look into CCC's new beta, but i already purchased SuperDuper! but i did use the older version of CCC and it gave me issues, which is why i switched
  4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

Sep 7, 2006
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    I have been using the CCC beta for a while now. The latest beta 3.0b5 has given a few people some issues. Parts of the UI, particularly to do with scheduling, are still changing. I found 3.0b4 to be quite stable.
  5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    I used CCC a long time ago (haven't tried the beta), but I bought SuperDuper years ago and it's paid for itself many times over! It's saved my bacon a couple of times, so for that alone I would highly recommend it. It's a solid, straightforward app with great support. VersionTracker rating says it all...