Carbon Copy Cloner vs. Super Duper

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AliensAreFuzzy, May 7, 2007.

1. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

So, I've been hearing a lot of stuff about how Super Duper was better than Carbon Copy Cloner. But now I see that CCC has a new beta that many of the features of Super Duper and then some (Things like incremental backup and network backup).
    I use CCC more just because I'm used to it so I'm really just looking for opinions on the new version.

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I use the old version of CCC, i like it. Tried the Beta, crapped out without a decent dffort even.

Haven't tried SuperDuper, but hear lots about it. Just use what you like.

Brian

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i like superduper! because of the Smart Updating backup. i'd look into CCC's new beta, but i already purchased SuperDuper! but i did use the older version of CCC and it gave me issues, which is why i switched

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I have been using the CCC beta for a while now. The latest beta 3.0b5 has given a few people some issues. Parts of the UI, particularly to do with scheduling, are still changing. I found 3.0b4 to be quite stable.

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I used CCC a long time ago (haven't tried the beta), but I bought SuperDuper years ago and it's paid for itself many times over! It's saved my bacon a couple of times, so for that alone I would highly recommend it. It's a solid, straightforward app with great support. VersionTracker rating says it all...