Carbon Copy Cloner

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steve1960, Oct 31, 2014.

1. steve1960 macrumors member

Sorry moderators I could not decide where to put this question so as I have a Mac Pro just put it here.

I bought Carbon Copy Cloner today with a view to ensuring I had a bootable drive if ever my internal SSD fails.

It's a clone of the chosen drive right? Mirror image right?

So why does my internal SSD report 48.31GB used and CCC says it has copied 42.85GB of data?

What is the 5.46GB of data CCC did not bother to copy?

Not too concerned but curious :)

2. steve1960 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you and apologies I was lazy.............kind of. I am doing this whilst having happy time with my 4 year old and 3 week old girls that's my excuse :)

I read your link and that makes perfect sense plus the MBP booted perfectly from the external drive and no glitches.

next time I will wait until the kids are in bed before posting premature questions :eek:

3. m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

Upgrade CCC to version 4?

Who of you users have upgraded to version 4? What are your experiences? Thanks in advance for sharing your insights. Good to tell that my OS is still 10.9.5. Cheers

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I updated to V4 and not having any issues under Yosemite. It works pretty much the same as before except many of the options have been moved around in the interface redesign. The "scheduled tasks" functionality is much easier to access than before. Only thing I miss is the little popup progress bar from the old version. To see that now you need to open the app.

5. m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

Thanks so much for your reply. Will purchase today! Cheers

6. Icehawk macrumors member

Icehawk

I really miss the pop up progress. I like the safe option they have now for backing up where it keeps a copy of the older versions of files that changed. It does make use what's space is available on the drive though. Worth it if you ask me.