Carbon Copy CLONER

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by JoeRito, May 20, 2016.

1. JoeRito macrumors 6502a

JoeRito

Anyone know if there is a free version of CCC that is compatible with Yosemite?

2. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

They quit making free versions about the time 10.7 came out if my memory is right.

They do allow a trial period on current versions I believe.

It's a great program. But it's up to you whether it's worth paying for.

3. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

I prefer CCC myself, but there is an alternative app, SuperDuper. It has some features locked until you buy, but it is free to do basic cloning. NOTE: Even if you buy SuperDuper, it does not clone the Recovery Partition like CCC will.

4. randomgeeza macrumors regular

I'm a paid up customer of CCC. Great support and a great product, which has saved my bacon on a number of occasions. Used it to restore just yesterday, following a balls-up.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It is kind of a hassle to do all the time, but if you just want to do a one time clone for something like a drive replacement, you can use Disk Utility to do that. Just go to the restore tab and restore the existing Macintosh HD volume to an external drive and you are all set. That will also clone over the recovery partition.

6. m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

I have to agree here! CCC is the best Disk Clone (incremental) application available today, IMHO. All good things comes with a price-tag. It saved my bacon many times. Don't rely on e.g. Time Machine or else. Get the free trail and judge for yourself!

Cheers