Carbon Fiber for iPhone 4: The Real Deal

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lgreenberg, Nov 3, 2010.

1. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

No skin, cheap imitation knock off etc.

This is real carbon fiber with ABS sides.

Video review coming soon.

www.eurokoncepts.com

Attached Files:

2. gnychis macrumors 6502

very cool! wish the lip on the front was larger to protect the screen

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Cool for you, not for me. Makes it look like a brick, kind of ugly IMO. But hey, it's your phone and case, as long as you enjoy it thats what matters!

Have fun!

4. lgreenberg thread starter macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

LOL. It was sent to me for review.

5. glen e macrumors 68030

6. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

No video larry greenberg? Just askin. :) I'm subscribed and await your vids, keep up the good work!

7. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Looks great. If your review goes well, I might consider this as a purchase

8. reeco macrumors regular

reeco

Looks nice larry. Much better than the adhesive ones that come with the vapor, etc...

9. lgreenberg, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

lgreenberg thread starter macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

Oh for sure, it's apples to oranges.

10. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

See, I don't think so. Other than the stupid Vapor logo, I like the Element version a lot better than this. With that version you can couple it with a case that actually protects the phone.

I've have used mine with the Apple Bumper (a tight fit but it works) and the Otterbox Commuter (it looks sweet coming out of the hole on the back for the Apple logo).

While this case looks really cool as a show off case, like most back covers it provides nothing more than simple scratch protection. I am sure though that this is probably a better/higher grade carbon fiber than the Element version.

Just wish that Euro Koncepts had put this on a full case with some lay-on-the-table design, especially for the premium price they are asking.

11. lgreenberg thread starter macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

I don't believe this case offers any less protection that 90% of the other cases on the market. Especially if you're comparing it to the bumper style cases that are out there. Sure it lacks lay on the table, but 90% of cases out there exist to absorb shock and impact if you drop your phone as well as protect the back from scratches from outside elements. A screen shield protects the front. Lay on the table is over-rated as far as I'm concerned. If you're using a screen shield do you really need it?

12. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

This is the problem that I have when I try to walk the line between functional and sexy. I think this is a sexy case. No doubt.

I guess it is one of those things that isn't for me, even though I really do like the carbon fiber look, hence the reason I use the Vapor backplate in conjunction with other cases.

As for lay on the table, I lay my phone screen side down in meetings and things like that at work daily due to the iphone displaying preview texts and e-mails on the amazing screen that it has, so to me a lay on the table is something I look for. For most it isn't a big deal or something that a screen shield wouldn't protect against but daily screen abuse does not make a screen shield last too long.

Anyway that is just me. I think for the price they are asking a little more protection would be nice, but again that's just me. Doesn't stop it from looking sexy.

13. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the review Larry. I have been following and posting on all the threads relating to the radio frequency opaque cases like the Element Vapor, Alumacase, etc which are the height of form over function. This looks really nice and does not affect signal due to the ABS side. Further up in this thread, glen e referred to another carbon fiber case with carbon fiber on the sides. Sorry, carbon fiber is NOT rf transparent - plenty of links on that - and whilst it may not be as bad as say the Element Vapor case, it definitely will have some effect. In a strong signal area you probably will not notice the effect.