Carbon Fiber iPhone 4 case reviews?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by appleFIEND, Mar 31, 2011.

1. appleFIEND macrumors newbie

Looking for a real carbon fiber phone case. So what are your recommendations and thought if you have one?

2. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

I've reviewed a few of them and my personal favorite of the bunch is the one by M-Tech Designs.

3. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

I know Larry’s recommendation carries a lot more weight than mine, but I second his suggestion about the M-Tech. I waffled for a long time about pulling the trigger as it’s an expensive case. I'll tell you this; it’s simply the best Carbon case out there.

There isn't a picture on the web that does it justice. Its stunning in person, people always notice it. It adds almost no weight to the phone and so far has been resistant to scratches.

Two huge thumbs up.

4. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

any signal issues? and do you prefer glossy or matte?

5. baconcheezdelux macrumors newbie

I like the Case Mate Barely There 2

This case has a carbon fiber insert on the back. The case overall doesn't provide a whole lot of protection against dropping it, as it's not very padded, but it does the job of protecting the back, eliminating the possibility of holding the phone naked and creating antenna interference, doesn't affect signal strength at all, and looks great doing it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Did you notice any problems with reception and/or the GPS? M-Tech looks super!

7. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

None whatsoever even at home where my signal really sucks.

8. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Thanks!!:)

9. appleFIEND thread starter macrumors newbie

10. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

11. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

M-tech Monaco and the annoyance of international shipping . . .

:( Well, my M-tech carbon arrived. Could have been my favorite case, but it arrived with cracks on the fragile area around the headphone/sleep button. I guess it was squeezed during shipping. The box it is packaged is is really a thin diplay box rather than a shipping box.

I contacted M-tech (with photos), and they offered to replace the piece if I shipped the defective one back. Frankly, with the amount of shipping I have into this anyway I am not sure I am going to spend more to ship it back.

Anyway, just a heads-up for potential buyers . . .

12. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

It sounds to me (with limited information) like the problem is they shipped it inadequately if it was not a good box. I would make the case that THEY should pay shipping costs both ways. My opinion - I would fight it.

These home-brewed case companies are starting to get to me. I understand we're not talking about medical equipment here, but when products cost upwards of $100, they need to do a better job.

13. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

ive got one of the new DRO Concepts cases coming to replace my older version Guardian case. i'll post some details when it arrives in a week or so.

www.droconcepts.com

14. JonMPLS, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011

JonMPLS macrumors 65816

M-tech Monaco and the annoyance of international shipping . . . UPDATED

Hi again!
    Regarding my earlier post: The team at M-Tech looked at the photos and very kindly came up with some options for me. While they mentioned a potential refund, I told them I would really rather have a replacement piece. This case is in the "work of art" category. They also mentioned that they were going to look at improved packaging for future shipments!