Carbon Fiber Skin or Clear?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by atMac, Jan 17, 2012.

1. atMac macrumors 6502

I'm looking for a skin to put on my Air as the hard plastic shells seem to break.

Does anyone have the Carbon Fiber skin or can recumbent a REALLY good Clear skin? I wasn't something that covers the top, bottom and palm rest areas.

Alternatively does anyone make a REAL Carbon Fiber case?

2. YosemiteSam81 macrumors member

YosemiteSam81

I have seen some pretty good 'carbon fiber' skins but of course they are not real carbon fiber.

I personally use an InsivibleShield from Zagg on my Air and am very happy with it. Plus I appreciate the lifetime replacement warranty. Some people hate Zagg though and also hate the slight shine the shield gives your machine. In the end it is all personal taste.

3. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

I've used the icarbons (fake of course) on an 11" and 13" MBA and they look great

4. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I use a Zagg invisible shield on mine. Its been great so far, you keep the slimness of the air and you don't have to worry about scratching it up.

Definitely use a clear one, I like to see the sexy uni body. But thats personal opinion.

5. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

6. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

7. jeffg819 macrumors regular

I did the Ghost Amor thing at the local mall. They sell a matte version which lets the beauty of the aluminum shine through!

8. atMac thread starter macrumors 6502

9. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

They're all lame. They'll all peel up eventually. They'll all get dirty looking eventually.

Just get a nice sleeve, and use your head. Simple as that.

10. anirudh macrumors 6502

The Mach3 Composite is EXACTLY the kind of case I have been looking for to protect my MB Air 13. A bit expensive though! Anyone know a somewhat similar case that'll leave my wallet a bit heavier? ;)

11. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

Have to disagree here. The matte finish Wrapsol and the iCarbons show no sign of peeling or dirt after quite some time. Sleeves are a pain in the butt.

12. jeffg819 macrumors regular

Basically a version of the stuff sold by most of the other clear protector firms. It all comes down to thickness and appearance and personal preference (at least in my experience).

Ghost Armor is a small, center isle kiosk where they will install the film while you wait and / or walk around the mall. Previously I tried the Invisible Shield product but did not like the orange peel look nor the feel of the product.