Carbon fiber skin set for iPhone 4 from sw-box (pics)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by UCLAKoolman, Jan 6, 2011.

1. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I've been using the Zagg dry-install screen protector set on my iPhone 4 since July, and paired with a bumper it's been a real nice setup. However after recently playing with a un-protected screen I've realized that I've completely forgotten how amazing the screen feels.

I ordered some stuff from SW-box.com recently (their black/transparent apple bumper replica is awesome!), and decided to give their carbon fiber sticker set a try. Here are the results!

For anyone interested, I paid $2.30 for this set from swbox.com
    http://www.sw-box.com/Carbon-Fiber-Skin-Sticker-Cover-Protector-For-Iphone-4-Black-.html

Attached Files:

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

does it have a tekture feel to it or is it just a smooth carbon look? how much was the shipping also? do you feel like it is a sold decal or do you find yourself trying to be careful not to catch it when puting you pocket and such?

3. UCLAKoolman, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011

UCLAKoolman thread starter macrumors 6502a

It has a texture feel to it, and so far has been very solidly affixed to the phone. I've been taking it in and out of my pocket for the last couple days with no issues.

I ordered this set along with two bumpers and I believe shipping was around $4, maybe less.

Also, I maybe lose 1 bar of signal when I give it a good grip at the base of the phone.

4. obyte macrumors regular

Doesn't their cheap shipping take forever?

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Depends on where you live. I'm in Washington, DC and the two bumpers I ordered took almost 5 weeks to get to me. People in the Midwest got theirs faster.

6. UCLAKoolman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm in Arizona now and their cheap no-tracking shipping took less than two weeks. I placed a larger order later and opted for premium fedex shipping which took less than a week.

7. obyte macrumors regular

8. UCLAKoolman thread starter macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

Here you go. I used Photoshop to remove the watermark.

9. hoing macrumors member

Looking to get that until is saw sticker.
    Is that an actual sticker or like plastic case?

10. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i have the plastic back carbon cover you were trying to link off swbox in other thread check out my review of it on my site.

http://weisjttechhouse.blogspot.com/

doing free give away at the end of every month for everything i review,
    just follow me on twitter to stay up to date with everything, thanks
    twitter: weisjt

11. aviking macrumors newbie

What lock screen are you using? That is a great look with the carbon fiber skin. Also do you know if you can order the skin without the apple logo?

12. SR Steve macrumors member

13. UCLAKoolman thread starter macrumors 6502a

The lockscreen is REDLOCKSCREEN: http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16805703

The skin came with the apple logo covered, so I suppose you could opt to not peel it off when applying. This skin is so awesome I've ordered 2 more as backups, as well as one of the faux-leather ones.