All iPads Carbon for iPad Air, iPad Mini, for all products Apple.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by markdaim, Nov 1, 2013.

1. markdaim macrumors newbie

2. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

3. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

I am in the same boat. The cutout was awesome...I won't order from iCarbons now.

I just ordered from Lucky Skins and they look promising. Hope to have it by the end of the week. www.luckyskins.com

Check them out!

4. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

thank you for the plug on the lucky skins, just got one from them. code NEWIPADS gets you 30% off too!

5. soundtracker macrumors member

You can ask for a cutout around the apple

Not the same as an insert, but I know you can ask for a circle or stylized rectangle cutout around the logo with an order note.

6. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

I am in the same boat. I have an iCarbons on my iPad 2 and wanted to get another for my Air. I've looked at luckyskins (looks ok but less coverage around the corners) and bodyguardz ( more expensive but better coverage). Please post some pics and impressions of your luckyskins skin when you get it if you can.

7. susa, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013

susa macrumors regular

8. jliew08 macrumors newbie

I too am a big iCarbons fan. So disappointed when they stopped making the apple logo cut.

Ordered two skins for my ipad air. One from bodyguardz.com and the other from lucky skins.com

Got both of them today. The bodyguards is superior quality to the lucky skins. Covers all corners whereas the lucky skins does not.

As you can tell I'm a pretty big carbon fan.

Running the bodyguardz carbon with a black Smart Cover and a sleeve when transporting. Very happy with the results. Also installed the included screen protector which isn't terrible. Will probably come off in the near future though. A bit grainy so it takes away from the retina.

Attached Files:

9. bigdog5142, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013

bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

I gotta say...I'm impressed with the Lucky Skins. Yes, the corners may not be as covered...but I like that the Space Grey shows through...the contrast is sweet. I got a red Apple logo for the middle, but I think it looks pretty sweet with the mirror finish Apple. The Luck Skins was MUCH cheaper than the Bodyguardz...but it doesn't come with a screen protector. I use the Zagg HD, so I had no need for one. Here's my pics.

10. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

Well, I decided to order myself a skin from Lucky Skins. I chose them over Bodyguardz because I liked how the Lucky Skins carbon had the Apple logo cut out to match the size of the logo on the iPad, whereas the Bodyguardz one has the logo cutout larger than the logo and shows some of the metal back around it.

Looking forward to getting my skin. Also, why in the world did Apple send a cease and desist to iCarbons but not all these other places that are doing the Apple cut out? :confused: Oh well.

11. markdaim thread starter macrumors newbie

12. JJBetty macrumors newbie

I ordered from Lucky Skins also. I got the back skin only, dual red and black carbon. Then I'll throw a smart cover on it. :)

13. mechanopony macrumors member

mechanopony

It's probably just a matter of time. If they operate out of a different country, sometimes they're safe, but once someone gets big enough, they'll probably get a C&D.

14. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

Just FYI...if you've been looking at Lucky Skins...

They are running 30% off all skins through Sunday, November 17. Just use the code: "IPADMINI" when you check out.

Hope it saves you a bit of $$$! I love my Lucky Skin on my iPad Air!