Carbonite not ready for Lion backup

Discussion in 'iMac' started by thebignewt, Jul 22, 2011.

1. thebignewt macrumors regular

I use Carbonite as my cloud backup service. I got an email from them today saying that they aren't quite ready to backup Macs with Lion installed, but it sounded like they were all over it and anticipating being ready soon.

2. AlanUKOne macrumors newbie

Carbonite Head in Sand Shame

I had an email from carbonite backup telling me to use another form of backup because carbonite will not work with lion.

I have been waiting many weeks for lion so I backed up and was very ready for lion its a pity carbonite had their head in the sand.

I hope they sort this out soon one month free is useless solution.

Alan

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

As a temporary measure be sure to backup to alternate sources.

I checked my important programs for compatibility with Lion before considering an update.

4. thouwlin macrumors newbie

Carbonite Refund for lion users

Carbonite will issue a refund to any Lion user that requests one. I just got mine. The why I see it if I have to use an alternat backup solution why keep paying them. If you want to hold out and wait for the fix you can request a months worth of subscription credit.

5. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

I can confirm this. I just got a one month extension. I was also told I would get another month extension should the update not be ready within the month. Hopefully the get their heads out of their rears, they've only had 5 months lead time for Lion.

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have been using Crashplan and their app works fine with Lion. Crashplan had something in their Twitter feed about a 10% discount for people switching from Carbonite if that helps you guys.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3