Card charged, authorized, never completed by Apple

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by alex.pickett, May 15, 2015.

1. alex.pickett macrumors newbie

I was charged on Monday for my rMB (right at the 4 week from ordering mark), the charge was authorized by my bank, but then Apple never completed the charge or changed my order status and now the authorized charge has been removed from my bank due to inactivity by Apple. Anyone else have this happen? I was so excited that the wait was close to over but I guess not...

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

That's interesting. Usually when Apple charges your card, it means your order is getting ready to ship.

3. ZipZap macrumors 601

This makes no sense.

A pre-order authorization does expire if the charge is not settled in 10 days.

However, the pre-ship charge is the actual card charge. If successful, then Apple can collect the funds. They make this charge before they ship. Apple has to settle that charge or it does go away in 24 to 48 hours. I would ask Apple what happened.

My guess, they charged but were not actually ready to ship so they let it expire. Make sure the funds are available on your card or, depending on your limit, the next charge may not go through.

4. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

When I ordered my MacBook, the charge appeared on my credit card account as 'pending' at about the three week mark. This disappeared from the account exactly a week later (I believe it expired automatically). Within a day or two my order shipped and the charge re-appeared on my credit card account after that.

OP, I hope this helps and puts your mind at rest.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Sounds like a hold which is typical.

Are you sure that they just did not put a hold on the funds until it ships. It looks just like a charge but will drop off after a few days. If it is not shipping they normally do not put the charge on your card.

6. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I've had this happen also, it's not unusual. They do a hold to insure the funds are there, then this disappears after a few days. Then they do a final charge once the product ships. Usually this happens within a few days, but with the MacBook availability it's hard to tell.

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

8. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I'm not sure if mine were 10 days but they were several days before disapppearing.

9. alex.pickett thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like that's it! Just changed from processing order to preparing for shipment!! Finally!!!

10. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Awesome!