Card has been charged, but it does not say shipped

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snatefinch, Jun 16, 2009.

1. snatefinch macrumors member

I ordered an iPhone 3GS 32GB Black on Saturday from the AT&T store for pickup. I know I ordered a little late to be able to pickup on Friday, and I am not to worried about that, but getting it on Friday would be a plus. I was told by the rep and in the email they sent me that my card would not be charged until my iPhone was shipped. Well today my card was finally charged, but my order status still says in progress. Does this mean I will be a lucky person and get my iPhone on Friday, and the status page is just a bit slow. Or is there system messed up and charging my card way before it is supposed to. I am really anxious to get this and just would like to know if I am going crazy or not.

2. futuredrmrs macrumors newbie

Wish I could help but I'm in the exact position. I ordered my phone on Sunday initially my card was charged $1 but it has now been charged the full amount even though I have yet to receive any shipping info. Hopefully the system is just slow and we get our phones on Friday :confused:

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I am not sure what is going on, but I doubt Apple would let a mistake like that slide. If something does get messed up, and you don't receive your phone on friday like they said you would, I'm pretty sure Apple would do something to alleviate your pain.

Regardless, I don't think you have to worry. I'm confident that they will get your phone to you

4. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

I ordered from an AT&T store on the 13th. My card has not been charged yet. It just has a hold on it right now. And the AT&T order status page still says "In progress."

I wish the charge would go through, so I know that it had been shipped. I'm still holding on to hope that I will get it earlier than they say.

5. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

Ordered my 3GS on Sunday the 14th from ATT. My card was charged today also, but order still says in progress. I wasn't planning on getting it Friday but if I do then kudos to ATT.

6. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I have the exact opposite problem as you. I had a hold on my debit card for a week. Now that my iPhone has shipped, I now have no charge and it's like I have never bought an iPhone at all.

7. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Has no one decided to call customer service? They usually are there to help customers...

It actually works, as opposed to freaking out on the forums

8. Knoxville3G macrumors member

Folks....have we stopped to think that your new iPhone might already be in the USA and NOT shipping from China? It could be sitting in a warehouse in Kentucky or California or some other state.... and will ship out overnight from UPS on Thursday to be delivered Friday?!? Your phone will be there. If you ordered and it said "delivers on June 19"...guess what, your phone will be there June 19.

Just chill. Give it time. It will be here in 3 more days!!!!

9. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

Im in the opposite position, shipped but no charge...

10. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Smart one there Einstein! Never thought of doing that before... Calling a CSR was as pointless as I thought. I called the CSR, they said go to the store. I said the store will tell me to call you. I went to the store and guess what happened? Yep.

11. Zengrok macrumors newbie

How about just waiting for Friday.

12. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Look, I have 2 worries. Either AT&T canceling my order or double authorizing me (they have done that before), so I don't see how this will be resolved by waiting til Friday.

13. snatefinch thread starter macrumors member

Ok I was just looking at my reciept and I noticed that the guy put my phone number that they contact me at wrong. Will this cause issues come time for them to tell me that I can come pick up my phone? Should I go there as soon as possible, ie. tomorrow morning, to get that fixed?

14. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

Yeah, I would definitely go get that fixed. The number on the receipt is the number they will call you at when your phone has arrived.