Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nigelbb

macrumors 65816
Dec 22, 2012
I put that exact same card in my wife's Mac Pro 3,1 along with a GT120 & it works great. I have the very similar MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II in my Mac Pro 3,1 as the only graphics card & again it works great but as noted I do not see the boot screen but as I don't reboot often & am in any case now booting from an SSD it doesn't bother me. In both cases we are running OS X 10.8.2 with the latest (304.00.05f02) drivers downloaded from the Nvidia website. Performance in Premiere Pro is so much smoother now.

GEORGE-GREEK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2013
GREECE
I'm not sure what you mean by "below" the Mac OS. You won't get boot screens, or any screen at all, until the OS loads the video drivers.

That card should work on a Mac Pro with the right OS version and drivers. You should read the following thread, it is very informative.

Frequently Asked Questions About NVIDIA PC (non-EFI) Graphics Cards

Sorry for my english, I understant what you say, I read the above thread for (no-efi cards), but I was afraid if Ι buy card without diplay port maybe would not work whatever actions I did on the above the thread (no-efi cards).

----------

I put that exact same card in my wife's Mac Pro 3,1 along with a GT120 & it works great. I have the very similar MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II in my Mac Pro 3,1 as the only graphics card & again it works great but as noted I do not see the boot screen but as I don't reboot often & am in any case now booting from an SSD it doesn't bother me. In both cases we are running OS X 10.8.2 with the latest (304.00.05f02) drivers downloaded from the Nvidia website. Performance in Premiere Pro is so much smoother now.

thanks..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.