Career Builder website problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by niederhofer, Dec 7, 2010.

1. niederhofer macrumors newbie

Has anyone else had the problem trying to load careerbuilder.com on their mac and getting the following message:

Safari is no longer responding because of a script on the webpage “Jobs - The Largest Job Search, Employment & Careers Site” (http://www.careerbuilder.com/). Do you want to stop running the script, or let it continue?

This just started about a week ago. How can I correct this?

2. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

No help but it loaded fine for me. No script error messages. Run Software update. Everything current?

3. niederhofer thread starter macrumors newbie

Everything is current and up to date. I am on a wireless network at home with a new macBook Air. It loads on our other MacBook Pro's with no problem.

4. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

If the page loaded fine on the MBA 2 weeks ago but not now and still loads on your other MBP's, I would start by looking into what I did in the last week to the MBA. Changed settings? Added software?

5. niederhofer thread starter macrumors newbie

No programs added only downloaded any apple updates.

6. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

If there are no settings different between the MBA and MBP then I would try downloading and installing the 10.6.5 combo update. Using the combo update has been known to fix glitches. It might not help, but it can't hurt.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1324

7. niederhofer thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

I realize that. But using the combo update on top of the delta updater can solve problems associated with the incremental updates. It contains Safari 5.0.3 too which may be part of the problem. It's a little extreme but can't hurt to install the combo update.