Careers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by onthecouchagain, May 25, 2011.

1. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Hey, just curious, if the community feels like sharing... what careers or jobs or interests do you guys have/hold? And how does your iMac or Apple product contribute or help with said career?

I'm just kind of curious to see how many people here are creative professionally given Macs and programs seem to cater to creative people.

2. markvs macrumors newbie

careers

Hi

I have a 3 year old Octo MacPro, and a brand spanking new 27" i7 iMac. I do CAD and 3D rendering work for a living, and like photography. It sounds lame, but the apple kit just works. I have reinstalled operating systems on Dell machines countless times, and to be honest always viewed macs like 'fisher price' toys. Went across 7 years ago, and would never go back.

Mark

3. trsblader macrumors 6502

I am still in school (junior) but am studying computer science. Aside from school work, I focus mostly on mobile development. A Mac is sort of a must for iOS since I would never run os x on a windows pc. I made the switch in 2008 because I simply was never happy with a single pc I ever used or owned including some high end models. The low end macbook blew them away and I never looked back ever since.

4. mrfoof82 macrumors 6502a

Data warehouse consultant (day job), independent game developer (side venture).

Thunderbolt MBP15 is fully-loaded. Thunderbolt 27" iMac on order is also fully-loaded and will be paired off with a 27" LED Cinema Display. I like well-built, compact, non-ugly hardware, and laptops with suitable power for running multiple VMs and excellent battery life (though I hate laptops in general).

5. Sunday Ironfoot macrumors regular

Web developer (plus some design). I develop on the Microsoft ASP.NET platform, but hoping to try out Ruby on Rails or node.js once my iMac arrives, plus possibly get into mbile apps development