Careful! Don't upgrade to 10.10.2

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Drakeer, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Drakeer macrumors newbie

The update broke my wifi connection. I restarted my router, but that is not the problem because it is working fine with my iPhone and my iPad. :(

I almost can't do anything without Internet and I suppose that I need a way to downgrade or something.

Anyone else is having issues with 10.10.2? :mad:

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

10.10.2 is a beta release, as such you should expect and prepare for issues requiring rollback.

Dont you have a Time Machine or other backup?

3. randomgeeza macrumors 6502

My wifi has been fine with 10.10.2... and it has fixed the intermittent bluetooth disconnection issues I was suffering on the released 10.10.1 .... Some graphics are also improved. i.e. About this Mac...

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

if you don't know how to restore your system after installing a developer beta, that should be a red flag to you, to not go messing around with your system.

If you want to be mad at someone, it isn't Apple.

5. Drakeer thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't know that it was a beta update. I even didn't know that I was enrolled on the beta program.

Anyway, thank you for the most unhelpful post of the year.

------------

I will wait for an update or maybe I will format the computer with cmd+R I suppose.

My advice to people is to wait before updating to 10.10.2, just that. Thanks. :apple:

6. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

So how did you get it? It doesn't even show up as available in your App store unless you sign up to the Beta program....?

..Hope you didn't torrent it....

7. randomgeeza macrumors 6502

Ouch... Let's hope not, best way to inject malware into your system.

8. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

I know but if he didn't sign up for the beta programme I can't think of any other way....

9. Drakeer thread starter macrumors newbie

Fortunately I did not use any torrent, just the Mac Appstore update. :)

Yeah, I signed up for the beta program some months ago, before Yosemite. I wanted to try Yosemite and I forgot about it.

Yesterday a pop up showed up and I pressed YES without reading anything.

It was absolutely my fault not to make a backup before a beta update. Also was my fault to not be aware that it was a beta update.

Anyway, just wanted to alert you guys that 10.10.2 it is messed up and you shouldn't update it right now.

Cheers! :)

10. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

I didn't think they had let the .02 "beta" program version out yet. Only the dev version, which is probably a good thing for now.

11. freeskier93 macrumors 6502

Unless I'm the only one, 10.10.2 hasn't been seeded to beta users, only developers.

12. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

WiFi dropped on my old 2007 MacBook but not my 2013 MacBook Pro when I moved them to the 10.10.2 seed. However, after turning WiFi on/off a couple of time to see if it would reconnect I rebooted and that resolved the problem for me. YMMV.

13. hologram macrumors 6502

So because you had an issue, no one else should update either?

14. blakek macrumors member

this update does suck

iPhoto doesn't work, Preview doesn't work, and Chrome and Firefox crash constantly

15. ct1211 macrumors 6502

How did this happen?

I have been signed up for the developer program for a couple of years. I had thought about trying Yosemite before release but never installed it after downloading (The warnings were enough for me) I recently installed the update 10.10.1 because Yosemite had messed up my wifi stability. It worked fine for about a week, now it has gotten flaky again. Sometimes it does not see my regular router for 3-4 minutes. I have no option for downloading a 10.10.2 update in app store. Where did this guy get it?

16. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

You can install the seed configuration utility from the mac dev center, which should give your mac app store access to the developer betas, or use the direct links in apple's developer forums.

17. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

10.10.2 sounds like the worst beta that Apple has ever issued. :confused:

18. Julien, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Actually it's a seed build preview and like all seeds it has it's share of problems. Usually the beta releases are more stable versions. Also I don't think Apple is doing beta versions on incremental updates. The OP says it just showed up the App Store but that sure seems suspect if he/she is not registered Apple Seed/Developer.

19. m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

I for sure never cross a road with my eyes closed anymore, but lessons learned the hard way in the past though! ;)

Good luck reverting your Mac back to 'normal'!

Cheers

20. GoldenChild macrumors regular

GoldenChild

21. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

He is, he just forgot. :eek:

People signing up for these thinking they are just getting earlier releases but not understanding what they are getting or taking any sensible developer precautions, well they get what they get...

22. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

How could someone sign up to be an AppleSeed or paid developer and not know? I can understand the beta program but AppleSeed requires registration and an acceptance application process through the AppleSeed portal. It involves a good bit of effort (and luck) to be accepted.

23. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

I have no idea....

24. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

OP signed up for beta. Beta doesn't have access to developer. What the OP said isn't adding up.

25. Drakeer thread starter macrumors newbie

What OP tried to do was to give this community a piece of advice from a mistake he did, so no one else has to suffer it, and all that he is getting is these kind of "you deserve it" posts.

i really regret to have posted it, because I just tried to help and I feel bad now. :(