Careful what iPhone 4 case you get!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by turtlehead, Jun 26, 2010.

1. turtlehead macrumors member

I just found out that the griffin 1 I got at Best Buy that has a CLEAR back to protect it will screw up your pics with flash...so I am pretty sure that all cases with a clear back will do the same also. Not convinced? Try a pic in the dark with and without and you will clearly see the difference.

2. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Known issue for that going around forums for that Griffin Reveal case, One reason why i didn't buy it. It also feels flimsy to me. I heard there's a black marker trick people are using to help that flash issue. I havn't seen it though, Maybe on youtube?

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

The Rocketfish from Best Buy will, too. I just took pictures with and without the case and the same thing happened with this case as did the Reveal.:(

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=950080

Three page thread on it. There are some workarounds. Check it out.

5. b00st3d macrumors member

b00st3d

My belkin grip vue doesn't seem to mess with my flash pics.

6. sjackson12 macrumors member

This is why I'm waiting. I would also check for a review on ilounge before committing to any case.

7. itoddm macrumors regular

itoddm

With each passing day, the bumper is making more and more sense. It is obvious that a lot of thought was put into it's design. It helps to decrease the antenna issue, protects the corners and doesn't interfere with the flash.

I bought a black bumper on release day because I wanted some type of protection (after 6 hours in line I needed some kind of reassurance). Yes 30 bucks is a lot but I'm thinking I can spend 30 on one case that works or lots more money on several cases that don't work.

8. FieldingMellish Suspended

+1

9. hockeydude35 macrumors member

I didn't notice this with mine...

10. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

I wanted the bumper but it was sold out.

I would of waited for it, till I found out that the headphone and iPod jack holes are too small to use 3rd party adapters.

I hope someone makes Bumper knock off's soon with bigger holes.

I got the griffin reveal and did the sharpie fix, love it.

11. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

Just be careful not to drop your iPhone:)

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

And that is why I picked up a Bumper 2day. It looks pretty good and gets the job done.

13. Moe UK macrumors regular

I was really happy with my bumper till I found that the old fatter iPod/iPhone and third party cables don't fit and nor do my over the ear DJ style headphones.

14. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Hoping thatthe Apple Store will get in some bumpers pretty soon, or, that incase comes out with a nice case. I used an incase slider on my 3G for over a year and a half

On release day, by the time I got into the store, the bumpers were already sold out. Checked online and one of the colors I want is 2-3 weeks backordered, so I will wait and maybe pick another color, like black, since it on a 3-5 day back order.

The iFrogz Luxe case is also looking pretty nice, but I think I will opt for the Incase or Apple offerings first.

15. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

Bumper Case

Have a Bumper Case coming via Fed Ex tomorrow. So, does this case cover the back of the iPhone 4 with protective clear material too or just around the edges and the metal sides of the iPhone?

Can anyone post a picture of this case on their phone?

16. itoddm macrumors regular

itoddm

It just covers the edges.

17. thomasfxlt macrumors 6502

Ifrogz Luxe with blue top creates a blue-tinged image when using the flash. My guess is that any case with relief and color is going to impact the LED flash. The black sharpie trick may improve white balance, but further tests will be needed to see how the light modification impacts reflectance across the lens.

18. dino12 macrumors member

Ifrogz case

I am also having the problem with the case. It make my pics turn blue when using the flash. I took a dremel tool and made the hole bigger around the flash about the same size as the camera hole but it still does the same thing. Has anyone figured out a fix or do I just have to live with it or buy a bumper case?

19. mmyers0520 macrumors regular

wait the rocketfish gel case does?! i havent noticed :confused:

20. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Just wait like 2 weeks for all the case manufactures to change their design. Or do the sharpie trick. I still wouldn't get a bumper case. Thing doesn't do anything

21. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I was rocking my Bumper and actually I've taken it off. I may put it up for sale on Craigslist because I seriously doubt that I will ever use it again. I'm currently rockin my i4 naked. Wish I would've jumped on those Speck Pixelskin cases while they were in stock and now they're out :mad: