Careful when buying iPhone cases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jibbajabba, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Jibbajabba macrumors 65816

The 4S has a slightly different position of the mute button .. now here in the UK at least it means that none of my cases fit :(

2. arcsbite Guest

just noticed this too

argghhhh

3. Jibbajabba thread starter macrumors 65816

Pees me off as I bought two different ones and neither fits :(

4. arcsbite Guest

bought a new one from apple, didn;t notice till I opened it and tried it on, hope they let me return it :mad:

5. dnkbro macrumors regular

Purchase an iPhone 4 CDMA case (here in the US it's under the wireless carrier Verizon). That will work.

6. Jibbajabba thread starter macrumors 65816

I am just shocked that cases bought with the phone from apple don't fit .. that seems like an epic fail ..

7. Iphonelvr macrumors member

The Verizon Iphone 4 cases should fit but the AT&T cases wont.

8. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

Funny thing...I went to an Att store yesterday and asked if they had any 4s cases yet. The manager told me the cases are the same as the 4 and that all old cases will fit. I tried explaining to him that the buttons are slightly different, like on the Verizon phone.

He kept telling me that their phones are GSM and Verizon is CDMA and theirs is different. I told him the 4s is a "world" phone and is the same phone for both carriers, and he kept arguing with me that theres is different. I just left. I really hope they get slammed with people whose cases don't fit, because he was an arrogant ass.

9. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

That manager is an idiot.

10. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Good luck to the OP finding a CDMA case in England! :)

Many of the cases are now "Universal" with an enlarged mute switch opening. But I'd bet those all came to the US while manufacturers sent their remaining GSM-only cases to the rest of the world.

11. ohio.emt, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

Not really most cases for the i4 became universal shortly after the Verizon iPhone came out. That way manufactures did have to bother with makeing two versions of every case they sold. Also the AT&T iPhone is diffrent from my understanding you won't be able to use the CDMA band on it without a hack.

12. hawkizrok macrumors newbie

I went to Best Buy and ATT on Wednesday and asked for the 4s cases. They said the 4 cases will work just fine. It ticks me off when these kids don't know there stuff and just make things up. I knew better and walked out. I'm sure they will get cases today with the new phones.

13. JustDigiPro macrumors newbie

I called the Otterbox customer service person and asked if the defender case for iPhone 4 would work for the iPhone 4s. They said that the case for the 4s had been redesigned for the camera flash and the proximity sensor and that I should get the 4s case.