Carphone Warehouse Allowing Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WellRedd, Jul 7, 2008.

1. WellRedd macrumors member

Am I missing something here? My GF just pre-ordered her iPhone, got an email in her inbox confirming it. Did you guys know this?

Personally I'm waiting for a larger capacity and only want PAYG, so haven't done it myself.

Good luck :)

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

We know, but to be honest, Carphone Warehouse are not the best in after-sales support or customer service, so most people avoid them.

Personally, I'm going to walk into an O2 store this Friday,
    and pickup my black 16GB. :cool:

Can't be doing with these farces of online 'pre-order' systems.

R-Fly

3. WellRedd thread starter macrumors member

Ah just ignore me (and her), she just got a "sold out" email back from Carphone Whorehouse. Oh well :rolleyes:

4. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

I hear about CPW trying to improve their image.. then they stick expensive insurance on the iphone contract by default :p

OTOH compared to the mess that O2 made of it their preorder has worked as smooth as silk. I'm not I'd bet on getting one on Friday though... best to go to a store for that.

5. Gamble macrumors member

Carphone Warehouse

Just "Pre-Ordered' a 8GB iPhone off of there. I couldn't do it this morning around 10AM but since 02 have sold out i tried there and seemed to be successful..

It sucks though as i was on the 02 site at 8AM but didn't have my bank details on me and have only just got them now so i could have been in there before the breakage :(

But yea anyhoo i think Carphone Warehouse you can still pre-order :)

6. tiggery2k3 macrumors member

tiggery2k3

dont blame you... ill be doing the same,i heard about cpw having preorders, but with the mess of o2 made today and with cpw not being so good decided to leave it and wait..... i might go in and ask tonight if they are going to have white ones in stock, im sure they can tell me that without getting the sack. although if there isnt any white ones a black one will do. its as sleek as hell.

7. geeb macrumors regular

I got free airmiles with my CPW iPhone order :)

8. iPhelim macrumors regular

CarphoneWarehouse.com: iPhone 3G is currently available as a new subscription only. Please come back or call us on Friday 11 July to upgrade.

grr....

9. thehomette macrumors newbie

??

does anyone know exactly why carphone warehouse is bad? just wondering as i succesfully ordered a 16gb black over the phone from cpw and haven't recieved any emails saying otherwise..

10. mappyuk macrumors newbie

Conspiracy Theory CPW cancelled orders due to "security reasons"

Is anyone else suspicious about this. I ordered my 16gig iphone from CPW website mid afternoon on Monday (at that time the website was messed up with images not displaying etc). I got the confirmation of order and text message. Then in the evening got a cancellation email and message that my order is cancelled for 'security reasons'

When I called them they say that the credit check was fine and they can't tell me why it was turned down. I spoke to bank and they have not been contacted by cpw or made any transactions.

Carphone warehouse staff are clueless stating it could be due to me making too many transactions with them but I havent ordered from them before. Then saying they cant find out what the security issue is and even stating that some of the staff there have had their orders cancelled and dont know why it is.

Even worse they tell me that I am now barred from buying from CPW for the next 6 months due to me being a security risk!

I think the honest truth here is that they can't fulfill the stock so need a 'reason code' to cancel the order and the code they used was security issue as they can be vague about it. But i think it is totally out of order because it makes you paranoid about what the reason could be when I suspect there isnt any reason.

Not happy with this situation at all.

11. gazzer82 macrumors regular

You should check that this hasn't gone onto your credit report, if it has i would wipe the floor with them!!

CPW are absolutely useless these days. They used to be really reliable and quite a nice place to shop, but now it's all incompetent staff who don't know there asses from there elbows. Who seem interested in nothing more than selling you there latest talk/broadband/laptop deals.

My partner took her SE phone in to be repaired as the camera had stopped working. I work in electronics and i spoke to the service guy there and then and told him it looked like the sensor had failed. He assured me it was probably a software fault and they would be able to fix it within three working days, so to pop in in three days and it would be ready. So in i go to collect it, nope not ready, had to order a part which will take a weak. Someone should have emailed my partner to let her know, no email, pop back in in a couple of days and all will be good.

So pop in three days later to be told it had been sent to SE for repair, i obviously was a little pissed as i had gone in again. The guy practically accused me of lying and said that they would contact me to let me know when it was in, and it was my fault for not waiting for the phone call.

So following day, missus gets an email telling her phone has been sent away and would be back in up to 14 days. So 14 days go by, we go into the store and get told it has been fixed but will be a couple of days to get back to the store. That evening we get home to another email telling us the phone is ready to collect, we phoned the store this morning and apparently the phone was in the store yesterday when we called in!!

Just collected the phone, guess what, the sensor was broken and had to be replaced!! I may have lost my rag slightly in the store. Ooops. They have given us a customer complaints number to ring. Let me know if you would like it too!!

12. Joe23 macrumors 6502

My thoughts exactly!