Carphone Warehouse buyers check for insurance!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ventmore, Aug 6, 2008.

1. ventmore macrumors 6502

It appears that this was a scam already being discussed on this thread.

I bought my phone on release from CPW, and declined their insurance, as it's covered on my home policy. I've just had a call from O2 (I'm sure that's what the guy said) to let me know that the cost of my insurance is coming down. When I told him I didn't take the insurance, he said it was on my account, and it's £29.75 every three months. I told him to take it off which he promptly did.

Anyone who bought from the CPW should probably check to make sure they haven't been unknowingly signed up for an insurance policy they don't want/need.

Cheers
    Neil

2. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

This is probably a scam!

Please see my other posts relating to dodgy O2/CPW insurance.

3. ventmore thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply mate......I thought I'd seen another thread about this, but couldn't find it so posted another one :)

4. lfc200 macrumors member

As mentioned above i'd say this is a scam. From my knowledge carphone warehouse wouldn't sign you up for o2 insurance since they have their own. Also to get carphone warehouse insurance it would be on your receipt and you would have had to have signed a special form.

5. ventmore thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys...it does indeed seem to have been a scam which is already being discussed on this thread.