Carphonewarehouse iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marcococo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. marcococo macrumors regular

marcococo

Has anyone pre-ordered through Carphonewarehouse over the phone? I was able to ordered mine around 11:00 and the guy told me I'll get it 19/09 but haven't received an email or anything. I'm worried they have been taking pre-orders that they couldn't sustain :mad:

2. iEs macrumors regular

iEs

I'm on the same boat as you my friend! If you ordered when the device that you wanted, stated "delivery on sept 19th" then you should get it on that day. If' however, you ordered when the device stated "awaiting confirmation date" then you won't get it next Friday. It will come next Friday (=

3. marcococo thread starter macrumors regular

marcococo

The thing is I did it over the phone not on the website.. Did you get an acknowledgement email though?

4. iEs macrumors regular

iEs

I did it over the phone too. Nope. They just took the money from my account. I hope the confirmation email will come by tonight. If not, it may just do confirmation emails over orders online and not over the phone. We will get a text by early next week asking for our delivery hour slots!

5. UKapple73 macrumors member

I'm in a similar boat, only with phones4u instead. He told me 3 times on phone would be 19th
    Just hope they aren't over promising just seems weird to me, they seem to have procured lots of 6 pluses!

6. iEs macrumors regular

iEs

I believe we will get it on the 19th. If you've ordered yesterday and today before 2:30pm then you should have yours by next Friday. Waiting game before we get that beautiful device

7. Primus84 macrumors 6502

I've heard that CPW have some sort of relationship with Apple that nets them a lot of stock of new iPhones. In past years when everyone has been sold out on launch day evening, CPW still had in-store stock.

8. iEs macrumors regular

iEs

I believe that's true! For iPhone 5 I got my 64gb white from CPW 2 days after launch! I don't think people who ordered over the phone will receive an email..not sure since this is the first time ordering. Any people who had ordered from CPW previously, please let us know the process. Thanks

9. marcococo thread starter macrumors regular

marcococo

Yay! I don't want to be overly excited though...:)

10. rockhopper353 macrumors member

Same boat, I ordered on Friday showing delivery date for the 19th, went with vodafone and a 6 plus 16gb £69 upfront and £43.50 month. I had the order email but nothing since confirming that it's all been processed and giving me a delivery date, not even had the £69 took from my account yet.

11. kieran9810 macrumors member

According to the website you'll get a acknowledgement email after you place the order and then a confirmation order a few days later. I ordered mine at 8.15am on the 12th & still haven't got a confirmation email but I just rang customer service and they said it's all confirmed. Maybe try calling customer service?

12. iEs macrumors regular

iEs

That just sucks! CPW just called me and told me that I won't be getting a confirmation email but a text when the phone is coming out for delivery with a 1 hr time slot.

13. marcococo thread starter macrumors regular

marcococo

I'm on the phone with carphonewarehouse right now and they're saying that the Space Grey that I pre-ordered on Friday wont be delivered til 13th of October!!!

14. rockhopper353 macrumors member

That's not good, did the website state the 19th when you placed the order?

15. marcococo thread starter macrumors regular

marcococo

I did it over the phone and yes the guy told me definitely 19th delivery... They told me the silver is available though... I'm still thinking about it.. This is actually getting really stressful.

Anyone that pre-ordered the Space Grey (in any capacity) won't get it on launch day, apparently. I suggest that carphonewarehouse customers give them a call and ask them.. This is really unfair.

16. iEs macrumors regular

iEs

=O the woman from CPW over the phone told me it will be delivered between 7-14 working days from yesterday... I believe they have no idea and just want to cover themselves for any later deliveries.

17. morty192 macrumors regular

order online at 8:20 got told yesterday that my phone was coming Friday they have taken my money so will be rightly annoyed if this turns out not to be true.

18. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

People who have ordered via O2 are stating the same situation. Being told one thing and then noticing on their receipt it says 7/10.

You guys remember iPhones from cpw are not truly unlocked as they lock out to the first SIM card inserted ,so be wary. :)

19. rockhopper353 macrumors member

Space grey is what I ordered, if that's true there selling deals under false pretences, well pissed off if that's the case!

20. marcococo thread starter macrumors regular

marcococo

Well this is BS... If I knew... I would have pre-ordered in an O2 Store. (And I could have got O2 Refresh contract)

21. iEs macrumors regular

iEs

That sucks! If we don't receive a text on Friday morning for our 1hr time slot delivery then it will come later =/

22. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

The issue I've come across is that the networks and independents continue to accept Pre Orders after their allocation of stock from Apple has been exhausted.

Their allocation systems are supposed to work in real time on available stock but I'm not so sure !

A bit like how airlines continue to sell seats on a plane when it's full just incase someone does not show up.

So they have plenty of orders on a win win scenario.

23. iEs macrumors regular

iEs

I agree. If you ordered your device that stated "delivery on the 19th" then should come by then or just a little later. Well annoying! I was gonna just go to CPW in Oxford street when it opens to upgrade but weren't sure if they were gonna have any in stock for people to buy in store.

24. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

The Refresh Deal is good so that you can pay off a phone plan and either walk away after cancelling the airtime plan or re upgrade.

The down side especially with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus is that the actual cost of the phone is approximately £80'ish dearer than buying it sim free from Apple dependent on iPhone model and tariff choice.

25. sparky1708 macrumors newbie

Cpw

Hiya

i ordered from CPW on friday morning and also hadnt received a confirmation email so i foned em last nite to confirm everything was ok with my upgrade. Everything was fine and the upfront cost had been debited from my account. A confirmation email was then received as soon as i came off the fone.

I also got my I5 from CPW 2 years ago and received it on release day with no problems. Fingers crossed things go as smoothly this time :)