Auto CarPlay and Maps

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by armandxp, Sep 5, 2016.

1. armandxp, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016

armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

I'm using the iOS 10 beta, so don't know if that makes a difference, but when using Apple Maps, I can't get the direction to change to due north? I might be saying this wrong, but so you are always pointed ahead, so it's easy to see which way to turn. I don't know when this happened, but now maps shows me going east and west and south and it's very confusing. I've tried tapping on the compas on the screen in my car. Doesn't change anything. I've changed settings. Don't know if it's a bug, but it wasn't doing this a week or so ago. Any help is appreciated.

2. rudyjr13 macrumors newbie

I noticed this too. Couldn't find any settings to tell it to always go "up" on the screen.

Also seeing issues with music not syncing properly between ios10 and CarPlay. Including playlists.

3. armandxp thread starter macrumors 6502

armandxp

So I ended up figuring this out. When you tap on the screen on a current route. At the top it says overview and something else. Anyway, tapping on that on the top upper right will make it go the way we were wanting it to. I forget the other word but I was able to get it to work this week.

4. rudyjr13 macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll look for it. Have you seen the playlist issue I mentioned?