CarPlay and why mobile is the hub

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Tech198, May 2, 2017.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Why is your mobile phone the hub of everything ? Is it just because its more convenient as u have it on u, as i wold of thought with Car-play all the stuff that' integrated into the car itself, no need for a 'connection' from a phone, if say u loose it, and since its all in the Car, it would mean many more features than a phone could potentially provide. The only take away is, its from 'Apple'

2. jljue macrumors regular

The auto industry moves at a slow pace when it comes to updates to audio/IT systems, and they aren't very good at it. People are used to mobile companies moving at a much faster pace and providing new features in the middle of version cycle. Most of the auto industry pretty much agrees that they suck and can't keep up, so they include Android Auto and CarPlay as a feature on higher end models (and in some cases across the product line down to the base models) and have plans to deploy on low end models in the near future. Toyota seems to be a holdout on adding AA/CP and seem to want their customers to suffer with only their terrible system for the foreseeable future.

3. CTHarrryH macrumors 68000

I purposely didn't get navigation system on my new car since I can use carplay to serve as navigation system. Also carplay allows me to use iMessage while in car hands free