CarPlay CarPlay apps not opening/connecting

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by MrMister111, Oct 17, 2018.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

I've recently just got a car her in UK with CarPlay.

Plug it in and most apps work fine, however a few don't. Mixcloud shows on CarPlay, press it to open and just shows "can't connect". I open it on my iPhone while it's plugged in and opens and plays fine.

Google play music just sits there with a blank screen when I open it. If I open on my iPhone whilst connected, it plays the music through the car though.

Deezer seems to need a premium subscription to work

I'm on an iPhone X and fully up to date with iOS and app updates. Tried restarting iPhone, unplugged/plugged back into car but the same everytime.

2. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Here's Apple's support article on CarPlay. Hopefully some of the suggestions in there will help.

One thing you might want to check.... If you go into Settings, General, CarPlay, [select your car], make sure the switch is set to Allow CarPlay While Locked, so you don't have to constantly unlock your phone. That same setting field will also let you move the icons around if you so desire.

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

Can't see your link.

Allow while locked is on as well.

Strange, not working as well as I thought and it was a must have for my car.

4. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Sorry, here’s the link

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205634

5. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

6. bumbo macrumors regular

bumbo

The sad truth is you may have to just live with it... There are so many "quirks" in CarPlay like this - I too get this with MixCloud. Using it on the phone isn't much better now either. Not sure what they've done to the app but it's terrible now.

Spotify is another prime example. I've sent countless tweets and feedbacks to them about it but it just never gets "fixed". It's been like this for years.

The only apps that ever work 100% perfect for me are... the Apple ones.

Apple won't do much as CP is essentially an extension of your phone screen and it's down to the devs of each app to get it working properly.