Auto Carplay can't play car music at same time?!?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by spinedoc77, Sep 20, 2016.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I'm still getting used to my iPhone and decided to try carplay today. I have a 2016 Genesis for reference. So while carplay is running I cannot play the music from my car such as FM radio or satellite radio. I have an icon for my car and when I press it it brings me back to my car menu, when I hit one of my music options it kicks me back into carplay but doesn't play anything. On Android Auto I could play my car's music and also use Android Auto at the same time.

Has anyone else had this issue?

PS: Another issue I have is when Waze is set to Bluetooth audio every time I get a waze alert or navigation alert my car tries to make a phone call to me, weird.

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

On my car (VW), I can play radio and use car play at the same time so I don't think it's a carplay issue, rather a car issue.

Waze is weird, I tried it in a rental car (no carplay) and it did the exact same thing. Each prompt tried to come in as a phone call, and for short instructions it would be wouldn't be audible at all since it took time to make it a phone call.

3. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Interesting. I'm just ignoring it as I guess it works and the length of calls isn't long enough to even get a ring. I suspect it's just displaying the number and not dialing it though.