Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
I'm still getting used to my iPhone and decided to try carplay today. I have a 2016 Genesis for reference. So while carplay is running I cannot play the music from my car such as FM radio or satellite radio. I have an icon for my car and when I press it it brings me back to my car menu, when I hit one of my music options it kicks me back into carplay but doesn't play anything. On Android Auto I could play my car's music and also use Android Auto at the same time.

Has anyone else had this issue?

PS: Another issue I have is when Waze is set to Bluetooth audio every time I get a waze alert or navigation alert my car tries to make a phone call to me, weird.

VPrime

macrumors 68000
Dec 19, 2008
London Ontario
On my car (VW), I can play radio and use car play at the same time so I don't think it's a carplay issue, rather a car issue.

Waze is weird, I tried it in a rental car (no carplay) and it did the exact same thing. Each prompt tried to come in as a phone call, and for short instructions it would be wouldn't be audible at all since it took time to make it a phone call.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Interesting. I'm just ignoring it as I guess it works and the length of calls isn't long enough to even get a ring. I suspect it's just displaying the number and not dialing it though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.