Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Is there a way to disable this? I have a 2017 CR-V and every time I start my car and plug in my iPhone, it starts playing music. I don't want music to play until I tell it to start to play. Is there some hidden way to disable this? And no I don't want to just turn down the volume to zero all the time :) Thanks!

Reactions: boston04and07

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011
Is there a way to disable this? I have a 2017 CR-V and every time I start my car and plug in my iPhone, it starts playing music. I don't want music to play until I tell it to start to play. Is there some hidden way to disable this? And no I don't want to just turn down the volume to zero all the time :) Thanks!

If it's like me, just change the source exemple to radio before unpluging your phone

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Same for me - it goes back to doing what I was doing when I shut down car. Same as car built in audio - what I was using starts again. I would assume this is as designed - same as builtin car audio

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I guess that workaround works. I set mine to the XM channel to 0 or 1 (the one that has the code on it). Still dumb that a disable autoplay isn't available.

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL
I think in the iOS 11 beta the music doesn’t start until you tell it. It doesn’t change my radio over to CarPlay screen in Honda Civic until I navigate to the source screen. Prefer this action much more.

Reactions: boston04and07

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I think in the iOS 11 beta the music doesn’t start until you tell it. It doesn’t change my radio over to CarPlay screen in Honda Civic until I navigate to the source screen. Prefer this action much more.

I hope this is the case. I love having carplay but the automatic starting of audio is the one thing that drives me nuts about it. Especially since, in my unit at least, I can't access the screen to pause it for a few seconds or so after my car starts as the unit's display is loading.

julieknits

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
There's a song in the iTunes store called "A a a a a Very Good Song." I've added it to my music library and anytime the iTunes library starts in the car automatically, it plays this blank song. So no repetition of Hamilton's Aaron Burr song to drive me up a wall.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
In my Jeep Grand Cherokee, I can go to settings and turn off "Auto Play" and then when plugging my phone in, it won't even launch CarPlay, I have to manually open it up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.