CarPlay without CarPlay stereo

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by joker00, Sep 24, 2017.

1. joker00 macrumors member

I have a car without builtin CarPlay and can't add a new stereo.

Is there anyone who makes a CarPlay touchscreen I could use in the car to get the features. Reality is all I have to do is then connect the screens audio to my car's AUX IN.

thanks.

2. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

kingston73

Why can’t you add a new stereo? Not really sure what you want, what’s a CarPlay touchscreen?

3. joker00 thread starter macrumors member

I have a fairly new car that doesn't support CarPlay. not going to rip out the stereo that has integrated car functions....

So the question is, is there anyone who makes just a screen I could add in order to get CarPlay?

4. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

kingston73

There is no such thing as a CarPlay addition, it’s either a new stereo or no CarPlay

5. randomplaydo macrumors member

To answer your question, no there is no such thing as what you're describing. CarPlay is a feature that is integrated into a complete stereo system as opposed to just a screen that mirrors the phone. Your only option is a software update from your car maker to add CarPlay to your existing stereo (sometimes a possibility), or completely replace your stereo and add the necessary add-on modules to connect the other features running through your factory stereo.