Carpool Karaoke Episode Starring Linkin Park's Chester Bennington to Air Next Week

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 5, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington, who passed away in July, filmed an episode of Apple Music's Carpool Karaoke: The Series just before his death. It was unclear whether or not that episode would eventually air, but Linkin Park announced today on Facebook that the episode starring Bennington will indeed be shown.

In the Facebook post, the band says the episode will be streamed for free on the Linkin Park Facebook page "this time next week," suggesting a debut on Thursday morning.

[​IMG]

Apple did not advertise the Chester Bennington episode when it previewed next week's Carpool Karaoke episodes on YouTube, so it is not clear if the episode will be available solely on Facebook or if it will also air on Apple Music.

The episode will be the only episode of Carpool Karaoke: The Series that can be watched outside of Apple Music, and by releasing it on Facebook, Apple ensures it will be available to all of Chester Bennington's friends, family, and fans at no cost with no subscription required. Other episodes of Carpool Karaoke require an Apple Music subscription.

Chester Bennington's episode also features Linkin Park band members Joe Hahn and Mike Shinoda, along with Ken Jeong, known for his role as Ben Chang on the NBC sitcom Community.

Article Link: Carpool Karaoke Episode Starring Linkin Park's Chester Bennington to Air Next Week

2. ghostface147 macrumors 68030

ghostface147

3. chromite macrumors regular

Oh wow. Didn’t know he filmed an episode! This is great news for friends and family of Mr. Bennington.

4. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

Good on Apple for making this episode available outside their paywall (though Facebook... ?! meh... still...). For obvious reasons. I imagine it'll be quite emotional for a lot of people.

5. MH01 Suspended

MH01

RIP Chester. I'll remember you for the great music .

6. adamneer macrumors 6502

I want to make a joke about Apple's show being so bad that it makes people kill themselves after filming it, but I'm afraid it would be in poor taste.

7. Internet Enzyme macrumors 6502a

Internet Enzyme

I would have made a joke, but instead I’m going to explain the joke in its entirety and claim that I didn’t make the joke.

(Sure the joke maybe in bad taste but I personally don’t have a problem with it, that’s not the point I was making)

8. BWhaler macrumors 68030

BWhaler

Serious question: does anyone watch these anymore?

9. Tsuius macrumors regular

I was hoping this would be released and great for Apple making it available to everyone.
    We lost yet another legend this year way too soon and I can't wait to see the Linking Park concert at Hollywood bowl on October 27 2017.

10. xujiayi_1256 macrumors newbie

xujiayi_1256

See you there at the show

11. WBRacing, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

WBRacing macrumors 65816

I can't bring myself to watch it, just be too sad and agonising to see. You just want to wind the clock back and find a way to reach out and try and help. Live in Texas is one of my favourite albums, it is going to be a long time until I can listen to that again.