'Carpool Karaoke: The Series' Season 2 Set to Launch on October 12

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 9, 2018 at 9:40 AM.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

The second season of Apple's "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" television show is set to launch on Friday, October 12, with new episodes of the show to be available every Friday.

Based on a trailer shared by Apple, this season of "Carpool Karaoke" will feature Jason Sudeikis paired with Muppets, Matthew McConaughey paired with Snoop Dog, Weird Al paired with Andy Samberg, Nick Offerman and his wife Megan Mullally, and more.

"Carpool Karaoke: The Series" first debuted in August of last year. Based on the popular Carpool Karaoke segment made popular by "The Late Late Show With James Corden," the series pairs up different celebrities, musicians, athletes, putting them together in a car to sing popular songs.

Apple announced a second season of "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" back in February, and it is the first of the company's TV shows to get a second season.

A few "Carpool Karaoke" episodes aired ahead of the debut of the second season, including an episode with James Marsden and Evan Rachel Wood of "Westworld" and an episode starring the cast of summer movie "TAG" with Jeremy Renner, Ed Helms, and Jon Hamm.

While the first season of "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" was exclusive to Apple Music subscribers, Apple is making the second season available for free through the TV app on the Apple TV and iOS devices.

A few months after the end of the first season, Apple also made existing episodes available to watch for free via the TV app.

Article Link: 'Carpool Karaoke: The Series' Season 2 Set to Launch on October 12

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

Stories about Carpool Karaoke tend to invite demand that Apple refocus efforts on computers and ignore original programming. I say we meet somewhere in the middle.

Macpool KAraoke.jpg

4. ArtOfWarfare macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

Did anyone actually watch Season 1? Is anyone actually looking forward to Season 2?

5. KGB7 macrumors 6502a

KGB7

6. sinsin07 macrumors 68040

Apple should include a disclaimer with every show:
    This show is Rated PG-13
    It contains some Singing and Humor.
    Not intended for Macrumors Audience.

7. izzle22 macrumors 6502a

izzle22

I think Tim Cook thinks it's awesome and everyone is afraid to tell him it isn't.

8. ipponrg macrumors 6502a

Not everyone. It did win an Emmy for what it's worth. So that makes Tim Cook and the responsible party for giving that Emmy.

9. mcfrazieriv macrumors 6502a

mcfrazieriv

YAY!!!
    (said no one ever)

This "show" is horrible.

10. rrm74001 macrumors 6502

rrm74001

Have official viewer numbers been released? I am really curious if people are actually watching this. I can see this as a fun segment as part of a late night TV show, which is how this originally started of course. But I would be curious to see how well it is holding on it's own.

11. hinesmj macrumors regular

I do not know one single person who has ever seen even one episode of this show.

12. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

No. Which makes me question why a second season is being made.

13. agsystems macrumors 6502a

"The second season of Apple's "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" television show"
    Apple should be paying people to watch this garbage - never seen it

14. trifid macrumors 65816

trifid

Sorry, this thing used to rock because of James Corden, without him the magic is gone.

15. nol2001 macrumors member

Imagine if they made it mandatory to have to sit through an episode of this the first time you turned on new Apple hardware.

16. TracesOfArsenic macrumors member

TracesOfArsenic

The first rule of Carpool Karaoke Club is that you don't talk about Carpool Karaoke.

17. KGB7 macrumors 6502a

KGB7

An Emmy??? Oh boy oh boy! I’ll bet I can use that Emmy to pay my rent with!...../s
    --- Post Merged, Oct 9, 2018 at 5:52 PM ---
    Now you know one person, me. I did watch one episode and it was ok. I might enjoy it again if I went back to munching on Prozac.

18. RadiatingSugar macrumors newbie

RadiatingSugar

If you have not watched it how can you decided it's bad? I've watched it and I enjoyed it...its fun and people are laughing. I enjoy seeing people happy and having fun. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing the muppets and Snoop/Matthew.

I just wanted to share, for the few people that came here looking for positive comments. :)

19. Daremo macrumors 68020

Daremo

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I've watched them all thus far, and enjoyed about 80% of them. So, yay for season 2. I'll be in.

20. Frank Dalton macrumors regular

Frank Dalton

That says more about the worth of an Emmy than it does about this "original content."