Carrier Conundrum

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Yasihiko, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Yasihiko macrumors newbie

Hi all,

So I have a bit of a conundrum with my iPhone IPCC backup. I used to do a fair bit of modding and hacking with my iPhone. One of the things that I changed on the backup was the Carrier Logo. This would have been fine, but recently I've decided to go legitimate with my iPhone usage. With out my knowledge I didn't change the Carrier logo back to the regular name and now my backups from here on out are as my custom Carrier Logo, even though my iPhone is legitimate.

My question is what is the best way to change it back to it's original state. I only ask this as if there really is something I can't fix, I won't be able to bring it to the Apple Store for return because as soon as they see that the Carrier is not normal, they won't touch it.

What, if anything, could I do to fix this issue?

I am currently on the iPhone 3GS. Thanks in advance.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Setup as new after a restore, dont restore from your backup.

3. Yasihiko thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

I had thought about that but wouldn't that add to the amount of registered devices for my Apps that I purchased? As well, how would all my contacts, SMS Messages, and the like make it over?

I'm more interested if there was a way to change the backup manually on my computer.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, you can not edit the backup manually.
    Its either all or nothing.
    You will still be able to sync all your apps but texts, notes and others will be lost. Its still the same registered device with your itunes account. Not a prob.
    Also you can sync/copy your contacts to addresss book or outlook when you click the info tab when your iphone is plugged into itunes.
    Then transfer them back by syncing.

5. Yasihiko thread starter macrumors newbie

So what about the apps that I've purchased? How many devices can I use those on? I think it was 5 was it not? Is there a way to reset some of these counters? I've been using iDevices since the first iPod and have upgraded to each rendition of the iPod and iPhone. Theoretically I have no activations left on some of my apps and content.

Is this something I should contact Apple about? I definitely am looking down the "Restore as new iPhone" route now.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can transfer them to as many devices as you want. There is no limit or activation. All you do is plug into your itunes and sync them back.
    The 5 rule is only for how many computers you can have your itunes library/account setup to at once.

7. Yasihiko thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweet! Thanks for the information man you've been a great help! If there's anything else maybe I'll shoot you a PM. You seem quite well versed in this stuff.

8. outphase macrumors 65816

9. Yasihiko thread starter macrumors newbie

I might just do the restore thing. I haven't done it in a while and i could use a new one for the upcoming iPhone 4 release up here.