Carrier ID

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by e²Studios, Jun 23, 2010.

1. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I had my 3G jailbroken, when I installed iOS4 on it the Carrier ID was the same I figured it just didn't overwrite the file since I did a restore from a backup and not as a new phone.

Now I have my iPhone 4, I did a restore from a backup and well my carrier ID is the one that was set when my 3G was jailbroken.. Is the only way around this to do a restore as a new phone? If I do that I assume I will lose all my photos on the phone, all my SMS chats, along with how I have organized my homepage with groups etc?

I may just leave it, I doubt it is harming anything.

2. e²Studios thread starter macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I dont mind losing my SMS messages, I can copy all my photos off the camera, but the real annoyance for me was setting up the home screen and other pages to be just as I wanted them.

Will it harm the phone to leave it as-is with the carrier ID as something I set on my jailbroken 3G, or would it be advisable to just bite the bullet and restore as a new phone and start from scratch?

Will updating the carrier settings change it without a restore? I am trying to avoid a restore, but I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, you can leave it like that.
    It wont make any difference or cause any problems. Its just a visual thing.
    If you restore and setup as new you will lose all your saved stuff so its up to you.
    updating the carrier settings will not change it either.

4. e²Studios thread starter macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Thanks, if it makes no difference I would honestly rather keep it :p I just didn't want to get hassle from Apple if something were to happen to my phone while under warranty. beyond that I didn't want to cause any issues with my new phone.

Thanks for your response, much appreciated