carrier logo stuck on "device"

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Kidrobotik, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Kidrobotik macrumors newbie

hey so i downloaded iName and CarrierChange to change the logo name.. I first tried iName to change it but it didnt work and it changed to "device"

then i tried carrierchange and it didnt work either, now its stuck on device and i cant get it to change at all, i tried respring, rebooting..

i really dont want to restore... what else can i try???

2. Kidrobotik thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (device; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

mannnn anyone??? No one else has had this problem?

3. Reloaded1212 macrumors newbie

I had this same problem. To solve it, you should try installing fakecarrier (at least I think that's what it's called) and it will change your iPods carrier name.

4. Bloodstar macrumors regular

Yes, FakeCarrier should work fine.

MakeItMine might also work, although, unfortunately, I didn't have any luck with this one.

5. AJ Predictions macrumors member

Download iFile from Cydia and navigate to System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

Scroll down till you find the "N72AP.plist" and open it in "Property List Viewer" mode.

Press "capabilities," then "device-name," and change it from "device" to "iPod" or whatever you want.

Your done! Please tell me if this didn't work!

Thx.

Aaron