Carrier Logo stuck on modded IPCC version. How to change?!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by olisones, Jul 18, 2009.

1. olisones macrumors regular

I have an officially unlocked 3G which I have recently restored to sell it. However, having put in a different SIM to activate the phone, the carrier logo is still stuck on Orange (my old sim) even though I'm using an O2 sim. I did update the carrier settings a while back with a modified IPCC to enable tethering, but I'm surprised the Orange logo is still there - especially when everything has been wiped.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to change this to show whatever carrier logo is with the SIM!?

Thanks!

2. petemwah macrumors regular

try GENERAL > RESET > RESET NETWORK SETTINGS

does that work?

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Just random... but when I was in Spain with my UK O2 iPhone 3G it roamed onto Orange instead of Movistar for a few minutes but claimed it was on Orange right until I got back to the UK. Why it happened, and how it got unstuck, I'm not sure. Tried manual network selection etc while I was there and it wasn't having any of it.

Was irritating as I needed to be on Movistar to use my roaming data bundle, lol. Just had to trust that my iPhone was lying to me!

4. olisones thread starter macrumors regular

Fixed it!

I did a restore from iTunes and it told me that there was an update for the carrier settings - updates and it seems to have sorted it.

Thanks for the suggestions!!