Carrier menu appears on iPhone 4S with iOS5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darkwolf2, Oct 27, 2011.

1. darkwolf2 macrumors newbie

Stumbled on something interesting today and I didn't see any google results for it, so I thought I'd share.

After a random springboard crash today I went into Settings while the phone was still "Searching..." for the AT&T network and for about one second the Carrier menu appears underneath of Location Services.

This is reproducible by quickly going to Settings as soon as you boot the phone while it shows "Searching..." on the status bar.

If you tap on Carrier settings while it is visible you get to a menu with an "Automatic" option that you can enable/disable.

Disabling it displays a "Searching..." box, but it never displays any results.

This only happens with the SIM card installed, if I eject the SIM the Carrier menu never appears.

I know this menu is visible on unlocked phones and I'm assuming an iOS 5 bug is just allowing it to appear while it's downloading a new carrier settings file from AT&T.

Just an interesting observation I wanted to share. :)

My setup: 32GB iPhone 4S running iOS 5 on AT&T under contract.

Attached Files:

2. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Hmm.. Maybe a foreshadow purposely put there to.. Never mind. Too many conspiracy's already.