"Carrier" menu which vanishes under settings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zorinlynx, Mar 25, 2011.

1. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I found something interesting.

If I put my iPhone 4 in airplane mode, then turn it off, and turn it on, then go into settings and turn on Airplane mode, there is momentarily a "Carrier" menu there.

The first time it vanished I didn't see what it was (I only noticed it because of something vanishing) so I tried again and managed to get into it. This is what it looks like: http://zorin.org/share/carrier.png

Have I discovered some secret roaming setting? What is this menu used for? The fact that it vanishes almost immediately upon coming out of airplane mode after a phone restart must mean we're not intended to see it.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

my carrier menu is always there, am i misunderstanding your post?

3. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I usually only see the Carrier menu when I unlock my phone using ultrasn0w. And even then, it sometimes disappears. I've never seen it without having first unlocked the phone.

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Carrier menu is in the list by default, but disappears when the phone determines that your phone is locked to a carrier.

5. goonie4life9 macrumors regular

Some Screenshots

I just tried it and grabbed some screenshots...

Attached Files:

6. heisenberg123, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011

heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

really? mine is always there and i bought it from Rogers(Canada) i know we have factory unlocks in Canada but i didnt buy it from the apple store i bought it right from Rogers, when i select the menu i see Telus, Bell and Rogers in my list which are the other carriers in Canada that have the iphone4does this mean i do have a factory unlock?

photo.PNG

7. SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

I'm the same as the above poster. Rogers iPhone. I do get the carrier option. Currently, it only shows Rogers, I am in a very rural region however. But in the past it has shown Telus and Bell.

8. zorinlynx thread starter macrumors 601

zorinlynx

What's with the wonky font? I've never seen a phone that looks like that before. o_O

9. iKrl macrumors regular

That menu is there all the time, if I try to connect to a carrier that is not mine it will say that it isn't available. I guess this only happens in the US where AT&T is more present regarding the iPhone features.

Attached Files:

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you can change your font if your jailbroken

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

not true... my locked iPhone shows carrier menu all the time until I turn airplane mode on then it will disappear