Carrier model offering the most network compatibility

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by auser1, Sep 11, 2014.

1. auser1 macrumors member

I am with Verizon and maybe looking into switching to T-Mobile in the next few months depending in how the UDP optimization plates out. If I buy a Verizon iphone full prince now, will it be 100% compatible with all of T mobiles bands? I know the new band 12 is not available on any iPhone but I am referring to current network bands.

I guess I am worried that If I buy the Verizon iphone now, it will hinder me if and when I switch to t mobile.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

A Verizon one will work just fine with T-Mobile if you choose to switch.

3. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

I don't see why a Verizon phone wouldn't work on all of T-Mobile's current bands, since they did on the 5s. The iPhone's LTE support has expanded across the board.

Missing Band 12 is not a major issue yet, because T-Mobile has not widely deployed their 700 MHz network. But, it will become a more glaring exclusion as T-Mobile adds the 700 MHz network to their service, since that network is supposed to help plug T-Mobile's coverage gaps and provide better signal penetration inside of large buildings. From what I've saw with T-Mobile's LTE deployment, they moved very quickly. So, once they start with the 700 MHz deployment, that expansion might also occur very quickly.

In my experience, T-Mobile's metro area data coverage is good, while their outlying area coverage is spotty. Without a Band 12-capable phone, that situation won't change. Even if T-Mobile is still filling out its 700 MHz network by the time the "6s" comes out, it still leaves current users stuck on the existing AWS LTE network.

4. auser1 thread starter macrumors member

So..

So with that said. The Verizon iPhone with Verizon sim does not do voice over dat, so with a t mobile sim, will voice over data work?