Carrier name change carried over from old jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by amakh, Apr 28, 2010.

1. amakh macrumors newbie

So I jailbroke my 3GS a while ago on 3.1.2 and then haphazardly upgraded to 3.1.3 without thinking it through. Thankfully, I did not lose any key features such as an unlock, but one strange thing did carry over.

I used a little utility from Cydia called "Make It Mine", which lets you customize the title bar on the iPhone. I changed my carrier to "Verizon" just for the hell of it, and it has carried over to my unjailbroken iPhone after about 25 restores. I believe that I have done some clean restores in addition to restores from backups, and neither have fixed the issue. Is anyone aware of a way to change this back to "AT&T" without jailbreaking (since that is impossible for me at this point). Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

This happened to me. I think it used to be if you do a DFU restore instead of a regular restore, this would go away

3. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

4. Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

5. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Yep, the carrier string is carried over in a backup. Only way to get it off is to configure the phone as new and not restore any previous backups, or jailbreak again, use MIM and undo the change. Unfortunately if you don't have your SHSH on file in Cydia, your only option is a new setup. :)

6. amakh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot. I will do a clean restore in DFU mode right before I sell it on eBay and get the iPhone 4.0.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Make sure you choose set up as new also.

8. Mo HT macrumors newbie

I have the same problem And it has carried over on my new iPhone4 anyone please help?

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes, that will carry over if you restore from a JB backup.

You can Re-jailbreak, use Make it mine again and set it to default (AT&T) and them restore again. OR.... you can just set it a new phone (you will lose all your SMS, game save and settings)

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

restore as NEW...

11. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

This happened to me once and I thought a reset network settings worked? Can't remember for sure though.

12. outphase macrumors 65816

13. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Obviously Mo HT didn't even bother to read the existing responses on the 7 month old thread he revived.