Carrier name change saved even after restore?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brayhite, Jul 7, 2011.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

After jailbreaking via jbme.com, I had to perform a restore and did a jailbreak via redsn0w. After installing SBSettings again, my carrier name changed to what it was before I restored? I changed it via an app called MyName or something similar. I haven't redownloaded it, so how is it reapplying my carrier name? And why did SBSettings trigger it?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

somethings are saved in the backup from the jailbreak and carrier name changes are one of those things, you need to retore as a new devcie to completely remove all traces of the jailbreak

3. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah, makes sense. Somehow I backed up my iPhone last night while I was messing with it and didn't have the original backup that I created before jailbreaking, so I just used that. I guess that's where it came from. Anything else notable that stays with the backup process from the jailbreak that I should be wary of?

I just found it odd that it didn't show until after installing and rebooting SBSettings, considering there's no way to change the carrier name (at least not that I know of).

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

folderenhancer remembers the icons i had in the files once i reinstall it, cleanstatus remebers what i had hidden on the status bar when i reinstall that

thats about all i can remeber off the top of my head

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

It is important to keep a current backup of your information when you are jailbreaking. What I usually do is rename my phone to "Anthony's iPhone (NON-JBED BACKUP)" and then perform the backup, and rename my phone back to "Anthony's iPhone", and then jailbreak. That way, if I ever need to restore, I can sync to my un-jb'ed backup and then rename it to the normal name. :)