Carrier name/logo REFUSES to change

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jesuispizza, Sep 5, 2011.

1. jesuispizza macrumors regular

OK so I am having absolutely no luck changing my carrier name to a custom logo. I am currently JB'ed on 4.3.2 and my carrier is Rogers. I have changed both the Default_CARRIER_ROGERS.png and FSO_CARRIER_ROGERS.png in the System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Rogers_ca.bundle directory and the Unknown.bundle. I also added these same files in a custom theme folder to the Bundles/com.apple.Rogers_ca folder and moved it to the top in Winterboard. AND I added two more files to each of these folders with @2x on the end, and still nothing is working. I do have CleanStatus and FakeOperator installed, but I removed both of them and still nothing worked.

I am at a total loss now as to what else it could be. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts that could help I would be very appreciative, thanks!

2. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Its cleanstatus! Had same prob with my wife's phone. Turn it off and reboot and see if that works.

NEVERMIND... didn't read u uninstalled.

The com.apple.Rogers folder shoul be inter Bundles folder. I always put the com.apple folder into my themes Bundle folder and not use it separate in winterboard like you are.

3. jesuispizza thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the quick reply. So I disabled CleanStatus just in case, and tried putting the carrier logo in the bundles folder for my current LS, and no dice. Now the carrier is just totally blank. My custom WiFi and 3G logos are working fine however.

:confused:

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Try MakeitMine, it changes the carrier text only though. (to whatever you type in).

5. jesuispizza thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I have FakeOperator, does the same thing. I am looking to replace it with graphics/logos.

6. jesuispizza thread starter macrumors regular

So just an update in hopes that someone can possibly help me out with this. I booted my phone up in safe mode, and for some reason, my custom carrier logo appears there.

Can anyone help figure out why the heck it won't appear when I start my phone up regularly?

7. kawasakirider macrumors regular

How do you boot up your phone in "Safe mode"? I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to jailbreaking, but I just jailbroke my phone and downloaded a NISMO carrier logo through cydia, and it installed winterboard, but I can't get it to change?

8. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/302720/

you need to change the logo in this folder as well as the:

System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Rogers_ca.bundle/

The logo exsist in both folders, try to change to your custom logo in these 2 folders, but remember to back up those orginal images b4 you proceed.

JunkyDog

9. kawasakirider macrumors regular

Thanks for the help, but I don't have "system" on my phone.

10. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

download iPhone Explorer. Searched it up for you on google:

DOWNLOAD HERE:

Now you can change with drag and drop, remember to backup first..

11. kawasakirider macrumors regular

Thanks, but won't I have to rejailbreak if I do a backup? Also, everytime I connect my iPhone to my PC, it has a huge fit and won't work, and I have to connect it to iTunes on my GF's mac, so I'm hesitant to connect my phone to my computer.

Thanks heaps for trying to help me man, sorry I'm technologically illiterate. Shameful, as I'm only 19 haha.

12. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

no you dont. Just quit iTunes as soon as it fires up, and start the program i gave you, and start replacing those logos. Remember to drag the orginal logos out and into a safe place on your computer. Then remember the logo is in .png graphics, and they have to be the same to get this to work. If you have a own design, change them to .png and drag and drop them into the folders i told you to earlier, and it will be fine..

JunkyDog:D

13. jesuispizza thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot for trying to help Junky. When I click on that folder 302720, it just redirects me straight to that Rogers_ca.bundle, where the custom logos already exist.

14. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Is there a way to change just the carrier name text without JB?