Carrier Payment Plan Question

jwire4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Hey everyone!
I am planning to pre order the iPhone X and opting to pay through the Verizon Device payment program. For those who pre ordered the 8 and went this method, is there anything due during the check out process? Will Apple put a $1K hold on the credit card or bill anything to the card?

Thanks!

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Hey everyone!
I am planning to pre order the iPhone X and opting to pay through the Verizon Device payment program. For those who pre ordered the 8 and went this method, is there anything due during the check out process? Will Apple put a $1K hold on the credit card or bill anything to the card?

Thanks!
Why are you ordering through Apple rather than through Verizon if you are financing the device through Verizon?

What phone do you have now?

jwire4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Why are you ordering through Apple rather than through Verizon if you are financing the device through Verizon?

What phone do you have now?
I have a 7 Plus now. I've had much better success pre ordering through Apple than Verizon. The combination of the app plus Apple Pay makes the process way easier and faster.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
I have a 7 Plus now. I've had much better success pre ordering through Apple than Verizon. The combination of the app plus Apple Pay makes the process way easier and faster.
Ok. Why aren't you doing the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program? Is it because you don't want to pay for AC+?

Or are you on an older More Everything plan and need a Verizon DPP on the line to get the line access fee discount?