Carrier Stock on Friday - just 16GB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ProwlingTiger, Sep 16, 2014.

1. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

After talking to every t-mobile store in my city, they all say that they will likely only have 16GB versions of the iPhone 6. With the 5S, they claim that's all they've ever carried.

Anyone have any additional information regarding this? Is this true for most carriers?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I went to my local Verizon store on release day for the 5 and they had a pretty even mix of 16 and 32GB iPhones in stock.

3. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

Hmm the T-Mobile store in Pearland used to carry iPhone 5S in 32GB as well I think. I don't quite remember, as I'm back on Verizon.

It wouldn't hurt to go Friday eh?

4. ProwlingTiger thread starter macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Yeah, I'll go early and start the line, just in case they have some there. I'm wanting 2 - 128GB iPhone 6 Pluses, Gold.

5. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

Oh nice. iPhone 6 Gold in 64GB here with Big Red. I'm supposed to get it on Friday, the 19th, but we'll see when it actually arrives.

6. ProwlingTiger thread starter macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I switched from Big Red, was with them for like 10 years. My 32GB phone is maxed out almost so I want the most I can get.

7. jshbckr macrumors 6502

Honestly, I feel like you're buying the phone that has the least amount of demand. 128gb is overkill for most people, many also don't seem to want the giant 5.5 screen, and I'd assume gold is the least popular of the colors (obviously black is most popular, silver seems to be second).

As long as your store gets a shipment with that configuration, I'd be willing to bet they'll end up in your hands.

8. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

Actually I heard the 6 Plus sold more pre-orders than the iPhone 6....and based on how badly the 6 Plus' are backordered, it sort of supports the claim.