Carrier Store (Launch Day) 8/8+. Anyone trying instead of Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cleebrown93, Sep 20, 2017.

1. cleebrown93 macrumors regular

Anyone trying carrier stores on Friday to try and grab a 8 or 8 Plus? I am headed to AT&T at 7:30. They open at 8 and plan on grabbing a 8+ 64GB Gold. I would say my chances are pretty good. The 8 didnt seem to sell near as good as the 7. I would go to the Apple Store, but the closest one to me is 1 hour away.

2. vLeo macrumors newbie

vLeo

I have a feeling you'll be ok with going to AT&T on launch day.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would say most carriers should have some available stock on Friday. I don't know how much, but I don't think it will be as constrained as the iPhone 7 was.

4. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I think you’ll be OK as well. It seems like everyone’s waiting on the 10, so anyone who wants the 8/8+ won’t have too much of a hard time getting one.

5. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

Yeah, just go to AT&T. They sometimes gives freebies too.

6. Duncanator macrumors 6502

Duncanator

You should be fine. I'd imagine they'll have plenty left over.

7. cleebrown93 thread starter macrumors regular

Freebies? Maybe they will give me a fast charger and airpods for free! Ha, but I wish.

8. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

If I have not been notified that my preordered 8+ has been ship by Friday, I’m going to our local ATT store and pick one up. I checked with them today and they will have 8’s on hand Friday. The rep said as long as my preorder does not show as shipped they will be able cancel the order and sell me one from stock.

I tried canceling online and wasn’t able to. It still shows as processing and not shipped, so who knows.

9. cleebrown93 thread starter macrumors regular

I am sure if you got a quoted date of 09/22 for delivery you will for sure get it then. Most people seem to not have had their phones shipped yet either. But I think it will be easier just to walk into ATT first thing Friday morning and grab one and head to work.

10. mwhals macrumors 6502

mwhals

Except when you leave for work at 6:10 a.m.

11. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

Ship date on all models is pushed back to later this month and early October on the AT&T website, but I’d guess there’s going to be some in store for people this Friday.

12. cleebrown93 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I talked to a store manager last week and he said last year with the 7 and 7 Plus, they got like 5 of each color and storage configuration or something similar to that. So I imagine if I get there 30 minutes to an hour early, I should be good. I dont see too many people lining up at AT&T for the 8 and 8 Plus.