Carrier Carrier Switch?

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
put a prepaid T-Mobile sim in my wife’s old iPhone SE to see how the service is around my area. Checked a couple of AT&T dead spots and am at least able to get the test to run on the SE with T-Mobile (0.29 mbps down) but my iPhone X on AT&T won’t even run the test with no connection.

At home the SE on T-Mobile gets around 3.7 mbps with the X on AT&T getting 3 mbps. Going to do some call quality testing as well, what else can I do to check out a new carrier prior to a switch?

ipadoxca

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
The iPhone SE may not be the best indicator for Tmobile. Tmobile uses a few bands that the SE probably doesn't have. The iPhone Xs and max are fully capable of using all Tmobile bands. Look into what bands Tmobile is using in your area.
[doublepost=1537649331][/doublepost]P.S I had att for a week and returned the phones and canceled service. Their network was slower in my area. At the moment Tmobile seems to be growing their network capacity at a greater rate compared to att. Plus its cheaper and more perks in your plan.

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
The iPhone SE may not be the best indicator for Tmobile. Tmobile uses a few bands that the SE probably doesn't have. The iPhone Xs and max are fully capable of using all Tmobile bands. Look into what bands Tmobile is using in your area.
[doublepost=1537649331][/doublepost]P.S I had att for a week and returned the phones and canceled service. Their network was slower in my area. At the moment Tmobile seems to be growing their network capacity at a greater rate compared to att. Plus its cheaper and more perks in your plan.
True. I have the sim in my X at the moment and the speed tests are identical. I don’t have an XS to test with but if it’s on par then at least it’s cheaper and has more perks like you mentioned. Plus my company does the amplified thing, which has even more perks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.