Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

torrywhp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
OK, so I'm sitting at home playing with my iPhone 3g. I lose service in a place I never typically would lose service, after about a minute, my service comes back, but instead of AT&T at the top, it read Centennial Wireless. Centennial Wireless was scrolling across in the space that usually reads AT&T. Now as far as I know, you can't even use the iPhone on Centennial's network because they're not compatible. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm not making this up, I didn't photoshop an image or anything. I just want to know why it did this. The phone read AT&T again once I turned it off and back on. I've attached a picture of the screenshot I took while it was doing this. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• centennial.png
    centennial.png
    225.6 KB · Views: 56

jmccullough108

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2008
St. Louis, MO
OK, so I'm sitting at home playing with my iPhone 3g. I lose service in a place I never typically would lose service, after about a minute, my service comes back, but instead of AT&T at the top, it read Centennial Wireless. Centennial Wireless was scrolling across in the space that usually reads AT&T. Now as far as I know, you can't even use the iPhone on Centennial's network because they're not compatible. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm not making this up, I didn't photoshop an image or anything. I just want to know why it did this. The phone read AT&T again once I turned it off and back on. I've attached a picture of the screenshot I took while it was doing this. Thanks for your help.

You are roaming, thats gonna get expensive.

General > Network > Data Roaming (turn this off)

torrywhp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
You are roaming, thats gonna get expensive.

General > Network > Data Roaming (turn this off)

Yeah I should have mentioned this before, after it did that the first thing I did was check to see if my data roaming was on. Which it was not. I've never even turned this on for obvious reasons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.