Carrier Unlock iPhone 3GS, Baseband 05.16.05

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by camo989, Jan 29, 2012.

1. camo989 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I have a iPhone 3GS, Baseband 05.16.05 and IOS 5.0.1. Currently the phone is locked to a network and I would like to unlock it to use any sim. I have jailbroken the phone using redsn0w and attempted to unlock using ultrasn0w, but did not have any luck. I did some reading and found that my baseband cannot be unlocked with ultrasnow unless I change the baseband to the ipad baseband which makes the GPS not work, which I would like to try and avoid. Is there any other possible way for me to unlock it from the network?

Thanks for the help guys :)

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

no

3. camo989 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. t110mas168, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012

t110mas168 macrumors newbie

Easy option is if you're on payg for the network thats locked to top up £15 and contact customer services unlock department for the iphone and ask them to unlock it. This is where the £15 comes in... this £15 will be deducted and paid for the unlock in which apple will, after few days or a week, under itunes will unlock the iphone.

if its a new payg sim card with £15 top up make sure it has enough credit to make a outgoing call in order for the sim to register with your iphone imei this in turn will quicken the process for your network to proceed with the unlock.

http://www.jailbreaknation.com/unlock-iphone-4-with-ultrasn0w-1.2.5-on-ios-5.0.1

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

FYI: a carrier unlock is from a carrier
    Unless english is a second language for you, perhaps you should know the correct terminology before looking ignorant.

6. t110mas168 macrumors newbie

Ohhh hand bag!

7. shippouk macrumors regular

I have this EXACT same issue with the exact same phone, Baseband and ios, and am looking for a solution.

8. Sk8mfm macrumors member

Sk8mfm

What is the first 5 digits of the serial number, it depends if you have a new or old bootrom to install ipad baseband

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You're out of lock unless you're on a carrier that does unlocks. What carrier are you on?

10. shippouk macrumors regular

first 5 digits of serial number 88123.
    The phones on Orange, but I want to unlock it to O2.

11. shippouk macrumors regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNo0DIUN0b8

the above seems to be the solution, apart from what I think what theyre saying is that you CANT then use any Location Services, like maps etc.

As I got this off my mate who had it on a contract on Orange who then upgraded on Orange to a new 4S, I may ask him to call up Orange and ask them to unlock it to any network, which apparently costs £20 (this has already taken more than this in time from messing around over the last 24 hours)

12. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

13. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

LOL :D

Just pay Orange the £15/£20 and be unlocked for good! I recently paid for o2 to do this, was unlocked in 2 days for £15 (they still haven't taken the money - 2 months later).

14. shippouk macrumors regular

Exactly what was the step by step procedure for this if you wouldnt mind saying?

I want to run it on O2, although its currently on Orange (and I guess still linked to my friends Orange account).
    I do have a PAYG Orange sim card in it currently, just to check its working.
    It is currently jailbroken/jailbreaked (however you want to say it)

I guess my friend calls up Orange, says he wants it to be unlocked to any network, they send him some kind of code by email.
    But what do you do with that code?
    Does he need HIS sim in it to enable it to be network free while adding this code?

What happens if I reset/restore the phone after adding the unlock code (Perhaps the phone gets bricked)? Does the network unlock then disappear? Or is it ALWAYS unlocked then no matter what I do to it?

15. Sk8mfm, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

Sk8mfm macrumors member

Sk8mfm

yes ok just run latest redsnow and install ipad baseband, you have a old bootrom, so your phone is capable of being unlocked because your phone was manufactured on week 23

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're asking us?
    Contact Orange to get details on how to unlock it and what procedure you need to follow.
    If you can get it officially unlocked via carrier then its forever unlocked and will work with any GSM sim.
    Dont install the ipad baseband on it to unlock it the "dirty" way.
    You have options that other users dont.

17. shippouk macrumors regular

Yes, but from what Ive read everywhere it then looses Location Services functions.

----------

Don't worry, I'll post back every step of what I have to do.

18. tahirm macrumors newbie

19. shippouk macrumors regular

20. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

One would think in the 18 months that have passed since this thread was current, the threadstarter has already gotten his phone unlocked :cool: