Carrier Unlocked iPhone locked after restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Superman80, May 30, 2013.

1. Superman80 macrumors regular

Hi All

I had my Iphone unlocked via my carrier, vodafone UK, and have been happily using a Three PAYG sim for a number of month, however im due to go to the genius bar on monday and thought i would back it up and restore it so im ready, im now getting this message:

The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.
    This iPhone is not currently setup to work with carrier you're attempting to use. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked.

Ive restored twice now, once normal and once DFU mode and still getting the same, i have proof that it should be unlocked in an email from the Vodafone NUC resolution centre

It was jailbroken BUT it was officially unlocked and not software unlocked.

Obviously now i cant activate it as i dont have the original vodafone sim card!

anyone got any suggestions on what i should do?

Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Call up Vodafone again and explain to them your situation.
    Show them your proof and hope they resolve the matter for you.

3. Superman80 thread starter macrumors regular

Vodafone are no help, all the imei checking websites show it as unlocked so I don't know what's going on

4. Baggio macrumors 6502

You can't get a Vodaphone SIM anywhere near you to insert in the phone? That would be my suggestion. I'd try to pick up prepaid Vodaphone SIM. Once activated it should be unlocked and your Three SIM should work.

5. Superman80 thread starter macrumors regular

This is now getting stranger, tried a vodafone sim, orange sim, Three sim and none activated it, tried a t mobile sim and it has activated and locked to t mobile, its never been on T Mobile, not even as a PAYG, its only ever had vodafone, orange and Three sim cards in it, going to restore it now and hopefully that fixes it, if not maybe apple can do something when i have my appointment with them on Monday

6. ratbrain macrumors member

im experiencing a similar problem with my 4S being relocked after restoring.

what was the resolution to your issue?