Carrier update error

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ReleasedAce, Sep 25, 2009.

1. ReleasedAce macrumors newbie

ReleasedAce

Tried to update. Carrier settings mms update through iTunes it gives me a message saying " iTunes could not update the carrier settings on your iPhone. An unknown error has occurred (0xe800003d)." what is it and how do I fix it?

2. tiresias314 macrumors member

I get the same thing. Are you jailbroken as well?

3. JUSTQUAN macrumors member

i spoke with a rep from att/iphone and he said i needed to upgrade to 3.1 in order to enable mms. im not doing that. i know this may be wrong so can someone else confirm this?? i dont think i have to upgrade just to do this.

im rocking 3.0 jailbroken and itunes 8.

4. Stevo1228 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7C144)

U have to update to recent software

5. ReleasedAce thread starter macrumors newbie

ReleasedAce

Was jailbroken I updated to 3.1. And it's doing it I'm going to try s restore and see what happens

6. MotownGuy macrumors newbie

Carrier Update for Jail Broken Phones

Make sure that the you do not have the AT&T Logo that can be downloaded from Cydia installed on jailbroken iPhone. You will not be able to update the carrier file.

7. tiresias314 macrumors member

Everyone having this issue: did you install the AT&T carrier logo package within Cydia?

I had it installed on my JB 3.1 3G, I removed the package, rebooted and was able to update the carrier settings.

I'd say pretty conclusively that the AT&T carrier logo package (or perhaps any package that modifies the carrier logo's appearance?) causes that issue.

8. savior1974 macrumors regular

Correct. It was included in the how to thread.

9. Hunts121 macrumors regular

Hunts121

can you put the cydia package back after the carrier update is applied?

EDIT: I haven't reinstalled the package yet, but the carrier update worked right away after removing it and my MMS works fine.

10. emerzoncs macrumors newbie

The same Message

:eek::eek::eek:I get the same massage i have an iphone 3GS 32GB i try to update the carrier setting but I get the same error any sigestion to fix this problem I jailbreak my iphone on the 3.0.1 version and then I updated today to the 3.1 update but when I try to install the carrier update i get this error. i need help please I want to try it..itunes could not update the carrier setting on your iphone An unknow error 0x800003D

11. Argelius macrumors 6502

Argelius

Same issue.

I have a 3GS phone that was previously jailbroken. But when 3.1 came out I decided to forego the jailbreak and did a clean install (as a new user). So I'm not currently jailbroken.

Anyway, I also get the "iTunes could not update the carrier settings" when I attempt to download/install the new MMS settings.

Hmmm.....

12. chisss macrumors newbie

Same here, I had a JB 3.0 with that AT&T logo thingy then I upgraded to 3.1 with the official FW and it's been fine up until now. i can't update teh carrier settings.
    This sucks... I am guessing that carrier logo is stuck there somewhere even with the official 3.1 FW

13. Argelius macrumors 6502

Argelius

Well, the last thing I tried worked.

In iTunes I did a Restore. As soon as that process finished, the "there's an update available" message popped up -- this time it downloaded okay without the error message.

For what it's worth, I was previously jailbroken as well. When the 3.1 OS came out I decided to bag the jailbreaking and did a restore cuz I was wondering if it was why my battery life s*cks (it wasn't -- it still does).

Anyway MMS is now working.

14. chisss macrumors newbie

funny thing is I was just going to post that...lol it's working for me too after the restore:D

15. Argelius macrumors 6502

Argelius

Of course, I have yet to get a (Picture) MMS to actually send. The sending progress bar gets about 95% finished...then sits there for 30 seconds, then says 'message could not be sent'...

16. chisss macrumors newbie

That's odd, mine works. Are you on 3G? or Edge? I know if you are on Edge it has issues because it's slooooooooooooow

17. Argelius macrumors 6502

Argelius

Yep. I'm on 3G (also tried it on WiFi...).