Carrier vs Other Stores

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GBR, Sep 18, 2014.

1. GBR macrumors 6502

So I know that Apple Stores get the most stock, but after that are carrier stores or stores like Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc. higher on the priority list for shipments? I'm thinking carriers are higher up than other stores like Best Buy but was curious what peoples experiences are.

I only ask because I'm looking for getting a 6+ tomorrow and live in a decent sized city but with several small towns around me. I figured if carrier stores are higher up on the list I may try one in a smaller town around me. But if Best Buy would be getting more stock I'd maybe try that next.

2. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I just started a thread with info from my nearest Costco. They will have 6 6+s tomorrow in addition to 6s. They will hand out tickets and when the tickets are gone,so are the phones. So no absurd long line.

3. ryank808 macrumors regular

I'd say it's just about chance, risk and luck. Carriers will have more stock, but longer lines. Other stores (Target, Walmart, Best Buy) will have little stock but shorter lines. So in my opinion it's all about risking which store to go to.

It also depends on when you are willing to start waiting in line.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

For sure carriers get more than BB/Target etc

5. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I would think the order of importance would be:

Apple Stores
    Carrier Stores
    Best Buy
    Target
    Walmart
    (local chains like Fry's)
    etc.

Best Buy being the only nationwide electric-centric seller in the US, Apple would send quite a bit of stock to them since they have a reach they still haven't been able to achieve with the Apple Stores. Same with the carrier stores since they are literally everywhere.

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

You'd better get up early then. Some friends I know who work at local corporate Verizon and AT&T stores are saying they only have 5-10 iPhone 6+ total and these are pretty large stores. You'll probably need to be one of the first in line to get one wherever you are.

7. appledude411 macrumors regular

My friend works at Apple Store. Said line is a mile long now, people been in line for 3 days.